Baby boy onsie card

 Hello everyone, 

Thanks for visiting my page. This week has been a busy week with work, crafting & getting a little more organised for Christmas. I was lucky enough to catch up with a very good friend for brekky yesterday which we haven't been able to do since February! Soooo good to catch up properly & sit with a coffee. Let's hope COVID continues to be put on hold so we can do more of our 'normal' routines again.

My focus for today was making a card for a friend whose friend had had a new baby boy. I've always wanted to try making a 'onsie' easel card so gave it a crack. I CASED the design from "Glitter Fantasies" on Pinterest & used a lovely soft blue card (Seaside Spray) together with stamps from Pampered pets & Ornamental envelopes & used sentiments from Here's a Card & So Sentimental. It was a lot easier to do than I expected, working out the embellishments & placement took the longest! Will definitely add a few of these to my stockpile. Here's a pic of how it turned out.


I was fortunate to get a few orders this week after posting items on my FB page so I was kept very busy making cards & gift boxes & filling orders. I was also asked to make a plain card with a peach as a surprise 'joke' so had a play around with colours to get the right effect. I used the solid stamp from the Painted Poppies stamp set & drew freehand to create the peach shape. 


This pic shows some of the trials I made before I was happy with the colours. In the end I didn't use the sentiment but cut the card to make a smaller one.



My other projects this week were making a lot of Christmas gift boxes for orders, working on making some Christmas Crackers & playing around with the Christmas Gleaming stamps to create some gift tags. I made 2 sets of tags as samples & bagged them in pretty cellophane bags. The crackers are not finished so I'll post some pics of those next week. Here's the gift tags - 

The foil paper used on these tags is now retired but I just love the colour which works so well for the Christmas tags. 💖



I'm really happy with how they turned out. I have a punch that creates the shape & thread hole at the top so that saves a lot of time. The ornaments were also cut out using a punch that co-ordinates with the stamps. Makes life a lot easier! These will be available on my FB page if you'd like to order some.

Probably the bravest thing I did this week is go shopping! Haven't been to a big shopping centre since COVID hit & I was cautious to say the least. Sanitise, sanitise, sanitise! I was prepared with a list & knew which shops I needed to go to so whizzed around, crossing items off the list then escaped back to my car. Now I have to wrap them all, put up the Christmas tree (after tidying up that area!) before sitting down to make some more gifts that are on my list. Add to that a request for more boxes for the gentleman at Mum's home & I think I'll have very little time left this week. 😲 

So having said all I need to say & having a huge list staring up at me I'd best get a move on and say good-bye for this week. Thank you so much for stopping by. If there's anything you need, please get in touch with me. 

Til next week!

XX Alison


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Peaceful Poppies gift set

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Creating unique cards with Embossing folders

Good Morning Magnolia!