Notes of cheer card kit creations

 Hello everyone, 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you're well & able to find some time to create, unwind & enjoy life. This week I had so much fun playing around with one of Stampin' Up's new card kits. SU have released little kits full of goodies that enable you to make 8 or 9 cards but you don't have to make sets all the same, you can play around like I did, using the kit as a base & create lots of different designs. Here's what I have for you this week. 


How pretty are the rainbow colours? This set is made with the same 2 basic items, rainbow fronted card base & white die cut butterfly layer. The kit includes everything you need to make 3 cards like the one on the right so you can just stick & go if that's what you want. I wanted to play a little so I came up with these other two cards by blending & stamping.
 

The card on the left uses the Soft Spring stamp set in Soft Sea Foam & Fresh Freesia as a background for the butterflies to float through. I added some 2021-23 In Colour jewels & slightly lifted the wings of the butterflies where I could to give it a slight 3D effect. 
For the card on the right I used my blending brushes to try to mimic the card base then added a sentiment & some leftover banner from the kit plus some jewels & gold string. I used a mix of old & new colours for the blending, Evening Evergreen, Mossy Meadow, Granny Apple Green, Pale Papaya, Polished Pink, Fresh Freesia & Misty Moonlight. The blending brushes are so soft & give you lots of control over how much ink goes onto your projects. I love the soft colours of these cards.



The second set of cards also had a rainbow accent but it was a window instead of the base. The card on the left is the original as per the kit instructions. I used embossing, stamping & die cutting & different textures of paper to make the other two cards.


For the first card I simply added a layer of the beautiful new shimmery vellum in Soft Succulent then added some gum leaves that were already pre stamped & die cut from a previous project to  make a little spray of colour. They came from the Forever Fern stamps & Forever  Flourishing dies. I lifted them slightly by only putting adhesive on the bottom parts of the leaves so that the tops could have a little 3D effect. The colours are from the regular colour collections but team nicely with the new In Colours. I used Old Olive, Purple Posy, Rich Razzleberry & Night of Navy.

The second card was super easy! I cut a piece of Pale Papaya & ran it through the embossing machine, using the Tasteful Textile folder then added the sentiment, a Pale Papaya bow & some jewels. Easy peasy!

The final set took a little longer as I played around with different backgrounds & card folds. 

This set was different because the base card was shaped like a butterfly. Easy to create the kit example on the left but I wanted to use the other two cards differently. 


For my first play I decided to cut the butterfly in half & use the back half of the card inside to write on. I started with some Misty Moonlight as the card base, cut to 12 x 12cm when folded. I cut up some square vellum doilies & arranged them behind the butterfly so that the detail showed all around it then added some jewels & mounted the sentiment on a piece of Polished Pink shimmer vellum. Something a little different.

 


My final card was the most thought provoking! I wanted to use the butterfly but didn't want to cut it again so I decided to do a Z fold with a difference. I started with some Bermuda Bay card stock. The back of the butterfly is adhered to one of the folds while the front remains free. The front of the butterfly has the sentiment 'Sending a little smile your way' mounted on some Polished Pink shimmer vellum. I added a frame from the Forever Gold specialty DSP under the butterfly to the card front, reversing it to use the white background & stamped a sentiment in the gap that continues on from the front sentiment. The bottom of the card has some of the Oh So Ombre DSP with a piece of the Bermuda Bay die cut using the Stitched So Sweetly dies & another cut out from the Forever Gold specialty DSP on which I stamped another sentiment, this time from the Oval Occasions stamp set. The final touch was to cut the last fold at an angle using one of the Ornate Borders dies which has a lacy edge finish. This was probably the most fiddly of all of the 9 cards but it was fun playing around with ideas & different products to get this overall effect.

All the cards that I showed you today will fit into the envelopes provided in the kit except for the last two which I will use a square envelope for. 

So that's it for the cards today. I hope you enjoyed looking at what I made this week. If there's anything you'd like to order from me, cards or supplies, then please get in touch either through my FB page -Crafted by Alison or on my Stampin' Up link, alisonculliver.stampinup.com.

Next week I'll have some fruity things to share with you. I will be using the Sweet Strawberry stamp set & matching Strawberry Builder punch. 

Take care til next time. Bye for now, Alison. XX


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

New creations with He's All That

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Creating some sparkle with the Birthday Sparkle kit