Love of leaves trio

 Hello everyone, 

Welcome back to my blog. I hope you've had a wonderful week. My week got better as it progressed as I caught a cold & rested up for the first half of the week. I was feeling much better later in the week & able to make some lovely cards for you using the Love of Leaves stamp set & Stitched Leaves dies.


These were all made using the same stamp set & two have die cut leaves but they are all quite different.


The first card was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest by Stamp Review Crew & was made using some of the 2019-21 Night of Navy DSP which I cut with the Curvy dies, using half for the front of the card & the remainder on the inside. I die cut some small leaves from Seaside Spray & then mounted them at an angle on the DSP. I stamped a sentiment in Seaside spray on the card base & another on a strip of Seaside Spray using Night of Navy. A simple but effective card.


The next card I stamped only with different leaves in Terracotta Tile, Pale Papaya & Soft Succulent. The latter two are some of the brand new colours from the new Stampin' Up catalogue but they go so nicely with the current Terracotta Tile. I layered a piece of Soft Succulent then stamped on some basic white. I wrapped a piece of the Pale Papaya open weave ribbon with one of the Leaves trinkets threaded on before attaching it all to the base. I stamped a beautiful sentiment from the Pansy Patch stamp set & backed it with some Terracotta Tile before adding some dimensionals. The inside & envelope have some leaves stamped on to tie it all together. This card was inspired by a Pinterest post by Peggy Noe from Pretty Paper cards.


The final card was inspired by a post on Pinterest by Stampin' Pretty & uses some more of the 2019-21 DSP behind a cut out of the larger leaf from the die set which I sponged around the edges with some Terracotta Tile & then mounted on top of a piece of Terracotta Tile ribbon. Another simple card but one I really love.

I was lucky enough to receive a lovely box full of goodies from the new catalogue which I will be playing around with in the weeks to come. The colours are very pretty & I went for some cute stamp & die bundles,  Wild Cat & All for Baby. Really looking forward to playing with them! 

I also made two more lovely cards,  one with one of my card groups, an apron design which is suitable for either male or female occasions. I'll be making a few more of those over the coming weeks which I'll post pics of when I have them. The other was a baby shower card for my daughter's friend which was made using the Baby Pull toys in a tri-fold design.



My daughter wanted gender neutral colours as the gender wasn't known so I used some lovely soft Pool Party teamed with some hand made paper I had in my stash. I hand coloured the animals with colouring pencils & backed them with some Basic Gray, scored to create an off-centre tri-fold. The "Baby" sentiment on the front of the card was fussy cut from the invitation, sponged around the edges with some Coastal Cabana & mounted on the front. I didn't have an embossing folder with hearts for the Pool Party so I borrowed one from my card group - that's the beauty of getting together with other crafters, you don't need to own everything because you can always share with someone who has what you want!

That's all I have for you this week. Next week I'm trying out a new bundle from the new catalogue called Pansy Patch. I've seen some beautiful cards made with this set already so hope mine turn out just as nice. Thanks again for dropping by, I hope to see you again next week. 

Take care, bye for now. XXX Alison







Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Peaceful Poppies gift set

Calendars & Christmas cards

Creating some sparkle with the Birthday Sparkle kit