Wild cats!!

 Hello & welcome to my blog,

Well the yo-yo that is living in Melbourne has us being allowed out to the shops & the gyms but not allowed to have more than 2 people in our homes! I'm praying that we soon have some more definition with controlling COVID so we can get out and about without restrictions. That being said, restrictions do allow you more time to make cards!!

I've had a lovely time this past week playing around with the Wild Cats stamp set & Big Cats dies & have come up with 3 very different styles of cards for you.

One of my friends is an art teacher so I try to make her cards a little more special. I decided this year to create a diorama card using the stamps & dies.



The box for the diorama is Soft Suede card stock embossed with the Woodland Embossing folder. I created an accordian fold for the side pieces to which some of the greenery & cats are stuck to. I die cut the greenery in Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce & scraps of different green card stocks. The tigers are stamped in Bumblebee & Early Espresso and then die cut (such a time saver!). The sentiment is from the Floral Gallery stamp set & cut out with the Stitched So Sweetly dies. As the front is designed to showcase the jungle scene I adhered a piece of Basic White card stock to the back of the card to write my greeting. I love how it turned out & hope she loves it too.

My second card is for a male work colleague. (Lots of birthdays at work this month!)

I started with a Garden Green base & stamped on a mat using Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent & Garden Green to create a vine feeling. Some of them were second stampings to give more variety in the greens. I continued this onto a smaller piece of Basic White but added some die cut Greenery using the same colours plus some Old Olive. This was raised with some dimensionsals for a 3D effect. I finished off with a Happy Birthday sentiment stamped onto Soft Sea Foam then mounted it on some Pear Pizzazz. Looove the simplicity & freshness of this card.

My final card is a simple thank you card. I embossed the front of the card using the Layered Leaves embossing folder then die cut the beautiful corner border from the Tranquil dies in Old Olive. I die cut the silhouette of the cat in Mango Melody & placed him behind the greenery. The sentiment is from the Wild Cats stamp set & is mounted on black & white die cut from the Stitched so sweetly dies.

This week was so much fun! Next week I'll be creating some cards using one of the Paper Pumpkin kits that Stampin' Up produce called Bouquet of Hope. There are 3 designs to make but as I did with the previous card kit I will have a little play around & see if I can create something different with each design. Hope you are able to come back to see what I've created. 

If you would like a catalogue or to purchase any of the products I've mentioned today then please either contact me via my Facebook page, Crafted by Alison or through my Stampin' Up webshop at alisonculliver.stampinup.net.

Thanks so much for stopping by. See you next time. Alison XX

Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Creating some sparkle with the Birthday Sparkle kit