Expressions in Ink - Pink & Greens collection

 Hello everyone, thanks for popping by. I hope you've had a great week just like me!

As it was the last week of our school holidays I was able to catch up with a few friends as well as play around with my inks & papers. It's so nice to be able to sit & chat with friends again after such a tumultuous year or so. Fingers crossed the COVID cases in other states don't come back down this way so we can continue to enjoy spending time with those we love. 

So, I got to create with some of the new DSP from the annual catalogue & boy was I impressed with the versatility of the Expressions in Ink papers. I made 4 cards using some of 2 sheets of paper but the hard part was deciding which side of the DSP to use & which of the co-ordinating colours to use! In the end I decided to stick to the one pattern in 2 different colour ways but mixed up the card stock to show you how many different colours could be used. Here's my creations.....


At first I thought, yeah I'll use the new In Colours which match perfectly but then I saw that there are a number of other basic colours from the range that also suit the paper. I narrowed it down to 6 colours & decided that I would continue with the other colours & DSP patterns in future blogs. Here's a breakdown of this week's cards & colours.


These two cards highlight the pinks in our range with a splash of Pale Papaya & gold. They are cut from the same DSP but different sides.


The card on the left starts with a Magenta Madness base & uses a piece of the DSP with the 'happy' sentiment stamped in Magenta Madness on Magenta Madness & fussy cut then added to the Birthday sentiment. Both are from the Biggest Wish stamp set. Behind them I've used some gold geometric shapes from the Expressions in Ink ephemera pack & added just a little bit of bling to finish it off. 
The card on the right has a Polished Pink base & a piece of basic white matting which has been run through the embossing machine with the Old World Paper folder. To this I've cut strips from a different DSP & matched the backings to the swirls with Polished Pink, Pale Papaya & Purple Posy. The sentiment is cut from the Well Said dies. I didn't feel it needed any more bling. Simple but effective.


I then moved onto using the green shades & focussed on 3 different greens - Garden Green, Granny Apple Green & Shaded Spruce.


The card on the left has a white base, a Granny Apple Green matt & a small piece of DSP. I stamped the sentiment using Pear Pizzazz & Shaded Spruce & the Biggest Wish stamp set. Another simple card as I only added some bling to finish it. 
The card on the right has a Garden Green matt for both the base & 'birthday' sentiment & the 'Happy' sentiment is stamped directly onto the DSP. I added a few sprigs of gold 'greenery' behind the raised sentiment which is again from the Expressions in Ink Ephemera pack. Another really easy & quick card.

As I mentioned before, the DSP pack has so many different colours that co-ordinate with it that I only chose these two sets this week but here's a pic of some of the other colours & patterns that I had to choose from.....

Definitely more work needed with this DSP! With that in mind, next week I'll be showing you one of my favourite stamp sets, Forever Fern from the Forever Greenery suite. The stamps & dies will go perfectly with the greens in the DSP. If you would like to order any of the products I used for these cards please check out the links below. If you would like a catalogue sent to you, please get in touch & I'll pop one in the mail to you. 

Thanks so much for dropping by, I hope you can come back next week to see what I create. Take care til next time.... Alison. XX




https://www.stampinup.com.au/products/2021-2022-annual-catalogue-au-nz-(single)?demoid=4023901



https://www.stampinup.com.au/products/2021-2023-in-color-a4-cardstock?demoid=4023901











https://www.stampinup.com.au/products/biggest-wish-photopolymer-stamp-set-(english)?demoid=4023901


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Peaceful Poppies gift set

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Creating unique cards with Embossing folders

Good Morning Magnolia!