Focus on Fun Folds

 Hello everyone, welcome to this week's blog!

I hope you're all well & sane if you're living in a lockdown area. We've gotten through another week of lockdown in Melbourne & hope to be out of it by Wednesday. Fingers crossed the numbers improve so we can get out and about again. Apart from a few days onsite I've been able to play around with some fun fold ideas I found on Pinterest & Youtube.

My first card is a flap fold for a family birthday soon which I cased from Lisa's stamp studio. 


From the front it looks just like a regular card, but inside.......

 

Surprise! This cute little number is made using the In The Wild DSP on Early Espresso card stock. I also used a little bit of Forever Greenery for the smaller flap as I liked the combo with the jungle feel. The sentiment is cut from the Floral Gallery (front) & Well Written (inside flaps) dies. Quite easy to make but visually has a bit of WOW factor.

My second card is super easy but gives a different take on an easel card.


To make the front of the card you simply cut away 1.5cm from the left & 4cm from the right & there you have it! Easy peasy. Then all that's left to do is decorate.

 

I used a piece of the Playful Pets DSP for the inside backing & fussy cut the dogs from another piece. The 'pawprints' were made using one of the heart stamps from the Pampered Pets stamp set with little pads added to it & coloured in. The colours used are Black for the card, Sahara Sand for the contrast & a pice of Soft Suede for the sentiment. The grey pup is raised on some dimensionals. 

My final fold was another CASEd card, this time from Frenchiestamps. I saw a gorgeous Pinwheel tower card on Pinterest & had to give it a try. This will also be for a family birthday. August is our busiest month for birthdays!


Here's a couple more views of the card.....



Once you've got the measurements & cut out all the pieces it's really quite a simple card but is very different to others I've made. The card is started with the centre tower & the sides are added one by one til you have the pin wheel! I used Night of Navy for the base & two different patterns from the You're a peach DSP for the decoration. It folds flat to fit an A2 envelope. I followed the instructions from Frenchie which are in Imperial measurements but will be translating them into Metric as I prefer using Metric. Let me know if you'd like the details of how to make this gorgeous card & I'll shoot the instructions across to you.

That's all I have for you this week. Next week I'll be showing you some cards made for the littlest ones in our lives. I've had quite a few requests for Baby cards lately so will be featuring two baby sets, All for Baby & Baby Pull toys in my blog. They are so cute, I'm sure you'll love them.๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ‘ผ

If you would like to purchase any of the items I've used for these cards or would like me to send you a catalogue then please let me know & I'll be more than happy to help you out. My shop can be accessed at aculliver.stampinup.net or you can message me via my facebook page, craftedbyalison.

Thanks for stopping by. Wishing you a wonderful, infection & stress - free week. I look forward to you popping in again. Take care, Alison XX













Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Peaceful Poppies gift set

Creating unique cards with Embossing folders

Good Morning Magnolia!