Mountain Air stamp set - not just for the boys!

Hello again & welcome to my blog this week.

Even though I'm on 'holidays' with the school break I've still managed to be very busy this week. I've got  an order for some baby cards, am prepping for my card group in a few weeks which I'm sharing the focus card for as well as making the cards for this blog! But I've had loads of fun in the process. Here's what I made using the Mountain Air stamp set.


When I first started using the set I thought 'this is a pretty masculine stamp set but when I finished the first 2 cards I decided to have a play around with some softer colours. That's how I came up with the 'Rainbow clouds' card on the right. And I love it!



I wanted to use up some of my older DSP so for the Mountain card I used two different patterns from the Country club papers, combining them with some Soft Suede & Crumb Cake card stock. The stamping is on Basic White & mounted onto some Soft Suede which I cut using the Stitched So Sweetly dies. I finished it off with just a couple of 2021-23 In Colour Enamel dots as I wanted to keep it quite simple. 

 The next card was a hybrid between the Mountain Air & World of Good stamp sets. I used 2 different colours from the Oh So Ombre DSP, some Crumb Cake card stock for the card & to stamp some silhouette trees & Shaded Spruce to die cut some trees from the Majestic Mountains dies. The globe and sentiment are from the World of good stamp set. I finished the card with some bakers twine from the Tags & More kit.


But.... my favourite I think is this last card. I wanted to show that the set is not just for a more masculine or country feel so I played around with some of the new In colour inks, using the cloud stamp only. 

How cute has it turned out!! The colours used here are Pale Papaya for the base, Fresh Freesia, Coastal Cabana & Polished Pink for the backing of the images & Basic White for stamping the images on. The clouds have been stamped in Pale Papaya, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Fresh Freesia & Polished Pink. The Happy Birthday sentiment was die cut using the Well Written dies in both black & Polished pink. I cut some Fresh Freesia open weave ribbon & Pool Party sheer ribbon down the centre & tied the two into one bow. This technique was shown on Youtube by Tammy Wilson on the Artisan team at Stampin' up & it looked so pretty that I wanted to try it myself. The finishing touch was just a few sequins to make it sparkle. 🥰

The other project I've been working on is to make a batch of baby themed cards as I seem to have a few requests for them lately. Perhaps it was lockdown??? 😂😂  I have started stamping & cutting but still need to design & assemble the cards. Here's some 'work in progress' shots, I'll post the final results when done.

 

Next week I'll be creating using some stunning DSP from the new Catalogue. It's called Expressions in Ink & is part of the Expressions in Ink Suite. I don't have the stamp set yet but the paper is beautiful enough to use without the stamps. 
Which reminds me..... Stampin' Up are having a sale on some of the DSP packs from 1st July to 2nd August. There's 15% off 9 different packs so if you're interested in some beautiful papers at a sale price then head over to my shop at alisonculliver.stampinup.net & check out the designs. You can also click on this link https://www.stampinup.com.au?demoid=4023901
If you would like to purchase any of the items from my blog you can find them on my facebook page Crafted by Alison.

That's it for another week. I hope you've enjoyed looking at my creations & can find the time to come back next week. Have a lovely week. Bye for now. Alison XX








Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Peaceful Poppies gift set

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Creating unique cards with Embossing folders

Good Morning Magnolia!