Blossoms in Bloom beauties

 Hello everyone & welcome to this weeks blog. 

My focus this week has been using the Blossoms in Bloom stamp set & matching Many layered blossoms dies. I decided to create my own DSP by stamping some Basic White card stock then cutting it to use on two of the cards. The third card was stamped directly on the front. Here's what I made.....


Starting with the beautiful Gorgeous grape card in the front of the pic I used Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive & Daffodil Delight to create a simple but stunning front for this birthday card. I added some pearls to the flower centres & across the card and viola!


The next two cards started with one piece of Basic White card stock & the smaller of the flower stamps. Colours used are Fresh Freesia, Magenta Madness, Pear Pizzazz & Daffodil delight.


The card on the left uses a piece of handmade DSP mounted on some magenta madness. On top of this the sentiment, stamped in black using the retired Beautiful You stamp set, is attached to some Pear Pizzazz. Both pieces cut using the Painted Labels dies. The flowers in the top left are made with the larger flower stamp for a different finish. Finally, a small bow using some Old olive ribbon for a sweet finish.
The card on the right is similar, using Magenta madness for the card base & sentiment matt but uses more of the handmade DSP. No other embellishments were used as I think there is enough visually to satisfy.

Overall, a bright & cheery set of cards.

As I hadn't used the Many Layered Blossoms dies for any of these cards I decided to experiment with some DSP from the Expressions In Ink specialty pack & the delicate Pale Papaya card stock.


The centre strip is mounted with dimensionals & the white diecut is attached only to this. The Blossoms in Bloom & Many layered Blossoms has been around for a few catalogues but works very nicely with this new DSP. Another nice benefit of buying Stampin' Up!

That's if for my creations this week. Don't forget that Stampin' Up are in the middle of their current Sale-A-bration catalogue with some wonderful freebies on offer when you spend $90 or more. If you would like to order any of the products that I mentioned today or would like a catalogue sent to you then please get in touch or go directly to my shop. I'll put a link below for you.

Next week I'll be creating with the outrageously cute Nuts about Squirrels stamp set from the July to December Mini catalogue. Really looking forward to spending some peaceful time crafting, escaping all the drama & negative news surrounding the latest COVID cases. I hope you all stay safe & find some time to create this week. Take care & I'll see you next week!

Alison XX




To browse my shop click this link https://www.stampinup.com/?dbwsdemoid=4023901

Blossoms in bloom stamp set & Many layered blossoms dies bundle - click here https://www.stampinup.com.au/products/blossoms-in-bloom-bundle-english?demoid=4023901





















Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

New creations with He's All That

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Male'ish' cards