Male'ish' cards

 Hello everyone,

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Now the title of today's blog may have you scratching your head πŸ˜• but let me explain..... Last week I said I was going to create some cards for the boys as Father's day is close in Australia & I did have a play around, but... Once I'd finished them I thought, maybe they're not just for the boys, some would suit those who are not really into hearts & flowers, lavender & lace etc. So, here's my creations from this week....


I'm going to start with the order I made the cards in. The first one is the green trees...
 

This one was super easy. I started with some strips from the Beauty of the Earth DSP, mounting the plainer pattern on some Mango Melody cardstock, stamped a sentiment using the From All of Us stamp set & die cut using the smallest oval from the Stitched Shapes dies then punched some ovals in gold card using the Double Oval punch. I glued the ovals in an 'atom' type pattern & placed the sentiment in the centre & the card was done! The only other additions were some Evening Evergreen matting behind some Basic White cardstock inside the card for the second sentiment to go on & a thin strip of DSP. Done!



Card number 2. This one took a little bit more time & was intended as a Father's day/Thank You/Congratulations card. The card base uses Early Espresso to which I've added a watercolour image from the From All of Us stamp set. I used the second smallest die from the Celebrations Label dies (😞  sadly, it's retired) & mounted the image behind it. The 'award' ribbon was made using some of the Layering Circles dies & attaching some of the Bumblebee Gingham ribbon. I finished the sentiment off with a Resin Heart. A couple of Champagne Rhinestones & the front of the card was done. The inside was just a little monkey image which I created using the Cinnamon Cider Stampin' Write marker straight onto the monkey on the stamp & then some hearts from the same stamp set. I love how it turned out.

My final card was also a super simple card.

I started with an Early Espresso card base and added a piece of the Beauty of the Earth DSP. To this I added a small strip of vellum & overlaid a tree branch cut out using the Sweet Silhouettes dies in Soft suede. The sentiment is from A Touch of Ink & embossed in white on a scrap of Cherry Cobbler. I attached some more vellum behind it before mounting it using dimensionals. I used another branch from the same diecut for the inside of the card. Super quick and easy.

So that's all the cards I have for you this week. Crafting has certainly helped me through a tough week at work during lockdown. Sometimes escaping through a mindful project can be just the tonic you need to smile when you feel sad. Now for the exciting news of the week....

I received an order of new goodies which included some of the Christmas papers from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue & the Mini Catalogue. The SAB catalogue is running out very soon, (30/9) so if you're wanting some free goodies then head over to my online shop & check it out. This week I'll be creating some cards with a Christmas theme. And before you go "Christmas?!?!" just remember that there's less than 18 weeks until Christmas, or 125 days!!! If you like to be ready before the 'silly season' gets into full swing then getting ordered & started on making cards & wrappings is essential. When you take into account the time to create, write lists, send them through the mail (and who knows how long that will take?) then I know that I for one want to get a head start & have them ready to go at the end of November.

Here's a little sneak peak of some of the papers that are available for the holiday season - 

Aren't they just gorgeous. And the ones of the right were free!!

If you would like to place an order or have a catalogue sent out to you then drop me a line or place an order at my online shop. Details are below.

Thanks for stopping by. Take care til next time.... Alison XX


























Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

New creations with He's All That

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174