Textures & Frames

 Hello again & welcome to this week's blog.

I hope you had time to check out my extra blog on Wednesday where I featured the cards I made on World Card Making Day last Saturday? I hope you liked them. I have had so much fun creating with the Textures & Frames stamp set this week. There are just so many different ways you can use this set, it really was a great freebie from Sale-A-Bration. I hope you were able to grab one when they were available. I wanted to keep these cards simple so I decided to use only 4 different stamps for the images and this is how they turned out......


I started my collection with (of course) a Christmas theme. I have seen a number of different designs using this set from other demonstrators but I wanted to give it my own spin. 



The Baubles just leapt out at me when I saw the solid circles & I added the stripes as decoration. The cap of the ornament is made with the inkwell stamp from the Beautiful World stamp set & the sentiment comes from the Delivering Cheer set. I used Soft Succulent for the card base & added a mat of Evening Evergreen. The ink colours for the baubles are Polished Pink, which I stamped off for the bauble but used full strength for the stripes, Soft Succulent & Just Jade for the centre bauble & finally Mango Melody. I heat embossed the caps in silver & added some silver trimming for the bows. Just a couple of Holiday Rhinestones was all I added to finish it off. 


My next card uses the rectangle frame & solid & easily creates packages full of goodies ready for under your tree! Being a fan of blues I decided to keep all the presents blue & added contrast with the Cherry Cobbler card base, sentiments & one of the bows. I really like the font of the sentiment which comes from the Poinsettia Petals set. The ribbons are a variety of different blues from my stash. The present ink colours are Pacific Point, Misty Moonlight, Balmy Blue & the retired Seaside Spray. A very simple but effective card.


The final card is not Christmas related as I thought a change would be nice & it shows a different way to use the stamps. I used the same stamp that made the lines on the baubles but created Birthday candles instead with Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie & Fresh Freesia. The sentiment is from the Biggest Wish stamp set. The card base & mat are Pear Pizzazz & Real Red & the rhinestones are from the Artistry Blooms collection. I love the simplicity. 

That's all I have for you this week. I've added a lot of Christmas goodies onto my Facebook shop so if you need any cards or wrappings then please head over to my shop by clicking on the link here

Next week I will be using two stamp sets, Be Jolly & Holly Jolly. As the names suggest they are Christmas sets as Christmas is less than 12 weeks away! With the postal system still not what it was before COVID I like to have things ready well in advance. I will be hard at work creating a range of different items to show you.

If you would like me to send you a free catalogue then please let me know & I'll send one out to you.
If you would like to order anything from my Stampin' Up shop then please click on the link below. I am also adding links for some of the products I used in this weeks creations.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my creations & find some time to spoil yourself with some mindfulness of your own. See you soon! XX Alison




































Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Mid Week Blog #78 - Creating distressed watercolour cardstock

Etched in nature

Good Morning Magnolia!

Mid Week blog#106 Case the catalogue