Amazing Silhouettes, amazing versatility!

  Hello & welcome to my blog,

If this is your first visit, I hope you enjoy it & come back again. If you are returning, welcome back & thank you!

This week I played around with the Amazing Silhouettes stamp set which is so pretty.
I made 3 cards as there are 3 stamps to the set. Here's the first one .....


When I saw the butterfly I wanted to create somewhere where it could fly. That's how I came up with the faux woodland themed background. I started with some leafy DSP from the Forever Greenery DSP then overlaid this with some vellum which I ran through the embossing machine using the Woodland Embossing folder. I fussy cut some leaves out to glue over the vellum to give a 3D effect. Before sticking this down to the card front I ran some Old Olive Shimmery ribbon around & tied a knot. Next was mounting the butterfly, stamped in Old Olive & then mounted using dimensionals. With the embossing & the 3D leaves I don't think it needs anything else on the front, not even a sentiment. This also means it can be used for lots of different occasions. The inside has a piece of the Forever Greenery DSP as one of the mattes but in a different pattern. And that's it!

For the second card I went for a simple & streamlined effect. 


The card base is Magenta Madness & the tree silhouette is also stamped in Magenta Madness. The Basic White matte is embossed with the Greenery embossing folder. In an area that is not embossed I stamped a sentiment from the From All of Us stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black then finished the card off with a few pearls. The longest time spent on this card was the fussy cutting of the tree. I love it.

My final card was made with a more masculine finish as I realised I have very few male cards left & needed to restock!


I wanted to highlight the simplicity of the image which reminds me of a fossil. I die cut a cavity from a Basic White matte using the Tasteful Labels dies then embossed it using the Tasteful Texture embossing folder. On the card base I shaded the background using the Blending brushes & Old Olive ink then stamped the image over that in Soft Suede. Before adding the matte with dimensionals I wrappped some Braided Linen thread around the card for the sentiment to sit on. This was stamped on Sahara Sand cardstock in Soft Suede & punched with the Double Oval punch. I love how it turned out & it could be used for any gender.

That's it for today. I hope you enjoyed this blog & come back for more. My Mid Week blog will be looking at using strips as a background & next week's Sunday blog will be looking at DSP. I hope you can come back for both of them!

If you would like me to send you a catalogue please send me a message on my FaceBook page at Crafted by Alison. 
If you would like to order any of the materials I used in today's cards I've popped some links down below for you that go directly to my Stampin' Up shop. I've also included links for the tools I highlighted in my Mid Week blog.
If you would like to buy any of the cards I show in my blogs they are available in my shop on FaceBook as well or you can message me to check if they are still available.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison




















Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

3D creations - gift boxes