Case the catalogue

 Hello and welcome to my blog.

If this is your first visit, I hope you enjoy it & come back again. If you are returning, welcome back & thank you! This week I have a couple of cute cards made by casing the cards created for the Stampin' Up®  May '21 to April '22 Annual Catalogue. Many Stampin' Up® demonstrators post pics on their blogs & Facebook pages of cards they have Cased so I thought I'd include some in my blog this week.

Here's my first card, inspired by a card featured on page 22 of the catalogue.

These close ups show you the beautiful colours of the flowers & the sequins.
Blossoms in Bloom is the gorgeous stamp set used for this card. I started with a Crumb Cake card base & added a Basic White matte.
The catalogue card uses yellow for the main flowers but I wanted a bit of contrast so I used Calypso Coral with Mango Melody for the centres & Garden Green for the leaves. I die cut some small Pale Papaya flowers using the Many Layered Blossoms dies & added Artistry Blooms sequins to the centres plus a couple on the card. This was then mounted with dimensionals to add a little pop.

Now here's the second card I made which is based on a card on page 25 of the catalogue. This is also the card that I featured in my Mid Week blog which I used a Card Sketch to create.


The base & matte are Basic White & the sentiment tag is Pale Papaya. The matte was embossed using the Brick & Mortar embossing folder & raised on dimensionals. The DSP strip is from the You're a Peach pack. I stamped some poppies from the Painted Poppies stamp set then hand coloured them using Pale Papaya & Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends before die cutting them with the Poppy Moments dies. They were also coloured with Granny Apple Green. The sentiment is from the Peaceful Moments stamp set. After I'd finished this card my daughter asked to have it for a wedding so I added a few splatters of Granny Apple Green by flicking the paint brush end against the cap as I pulled it out. Though I didn't get a picture of it I thought it finished the card off perfectly.

I hope you enjoyed this week's cards. I enjoyed re-creating the catalogue cards with my own twists & will definitely be doing more in future blogs. If you decide to Case the Catalogue I'd love you to post a pic on my FaceBook page, CraftedbyAlison.
Next week I will show you how to create a 'Collar' card in my mid-week blog & will show you another of the free stamp sets from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue - Catching Butterflies. It's super cute so I'm very excited to be able to play around with that this week. 

That's it for this week. I hope you enjoyed this blog & come back for more.
If you would like me to send you a catalogue please send me a message on my FaceBook page at Crafted by Alison. 
If you would like to order any of the materials I used in today's cards I've popped some links down below for you that go directly to my Stampin' Up shop.
If you would like to buy any of the cards I show in my blogs they are available in my shop on FaceBook as well or you can message me to check if they are still available.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison




Many Layered Blossoms dies

Blossoms in Bloom bundle  Save 10%

Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174