Mid Week blog #24 Colour Challenge

 Hello and welcome to my mid week blog,

These mid week blogs are designed to be shorter than my Sunday blogs so that I can share techniques, card design or other tips and tricks with you. My focus this week is using specific colours to create a card. There are many groups & individuals who use colour selections to create. Some you wouldn't think of putting together, some seem made to be used together. This weeks colours are.....

Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana & Magenta Madness


Aren't they pretty? They're such bright happy colours so I chose to use them with the Seas the Day stamp set which I am featuring in my weekly blog on Sunday.

I used a Basic White card base & blended some Coastal Cabana, Misty Moonlight & Pool Party for the background.


 I diecut some seaweed fronds in Coastal Cabana & Old Olive & a frame using the Simply Marbleous blue tones. I then layered some of the weeds flat and attached some to the frame to give depth to the card. I stamped the creatures in the focus colours & die cut them, attaching 2 to the top of the frame & the fish raised on dimensionals on the card base. 


For the sentiment I decided that embossing would stand out more than plain black stamping so I used Black Embossing powder & placed the sentiment in the opening of the frame.

 

A little stamp detail to the inside of the card & that's it! This card took a little longer than my usual cards due to the assembly but I think it looks gorgeous & I'm happy to spend a little extra time when my creations turn out like this. 😍
Here's a close up of the 3D of the front...


I'd love to hear your thoughts on this card or see any that you've made yourself. Head over to my FaceBook page at craftedbyalison & leave a comment or pic.

That's it for another week. My other 'Seas the Day' creations will be uploaded on Sunday for my regular blog, I hope you can come back for them. Next week's Mid Week blog will feature a WV fancy fold card. Sounds tricky, looks amazing but is easier than you think. Make sure you come back to see how easy it is to make this stunning fun fold card.
Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison







Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174