Seas the Day!

 Hello & welcome to my blog!

I'm so happy that you've popped by & I hope you like what I have to share with you today. If you love the seaside then I think you'll love this week's creations as they remind you of sunny days, sand between your toes, ice-creams on a hot day or rugging up in a warm coat for a walk along the shore on a cold winter's day. Most people have a special memory linked to the beach so I hope this week's stamp set, Seas the day,  helps you to remember a lovely time like that. 

I loved creating with this stamp set & dies. It's such a fun set & creates beautiful cards.

My first card was featured in my Mid Week blog but here's a recap of how I made it.

I used a Basic White card base & blended some Coastal Cabana, Misty Moonlight & Pool Party for the background.


 I diecut some seaweed fronds in Coastal Cabana & Old Olive & a frame using the Simply Marbleous blue tones. I then layered some of the weeds flat and attached some to the frame to give depth to the card. I stamped the creatures in the focus colours, Magenta Madness Coastal Cabana & Daffodil Delight  & die cut them, attaching 2 to the top of the frame & the fish raised on dimensionals on the card base. 

For the sentiment I decided that embossing would stand out more than plain black stamping so I used Black Embossing powder & placed the sentiment in the opening of the frame.

 

A little stamp detail by stamping some bubbles in Balmy Blue & the weed & fish to the inside of the card & that's it! This card took a little longer than my usual cards due to the assembly but I think it looks gorgeous & I'm happy to spend a little extra time when my creations turn out like this. 😍
Here's a close up of the 3D of the front...


For the second card I chose a completely different technique that was inspired by a Pinterest post from Brenda Copper at Stampin' with the Copper Cropper. It uses a stamping block washed with Stampin' Write markers to create a unique background. It looks a little like I've used either water paint or crayons!

I started with a Mint Macaron card base then added a Basic White matte that I ran through the embossing machine in the Climbing Vine embossing folder. I used a sponge to gently add some Soft Succulent over the top of the embossing. This was to give the impression of seaweed.  I then used BumbleBee & Cinnamon Cider Stampin' Writes washed directly across an acrylic block for the sea bed & Seaside Spray & Soft Succulent for the water. To keep the moisture in the ink you need to puff directly onto the block, this gives a fine spritz of moist air to re-wet the ink. This is then stamped onto cardstock as the background & held down for a few seconds to allow the ink to transfer from the block to the cardstock. The image is then stamped over the top of the background. The reeds are in Evening Evergreen with some Polished Dots where the buds are.  I diecut the image out using the 2nd largest plain die in the Layering Circles set then matted it with some Mint Macaron with the 2nd largest crimped die. The jellyfish was stamped in Petal Pink then I stamped over that with some Versamark & heat set it. This gives it a shimmery effect. I fussy cut him then popped him on some dimensionals to make it appear that he was floating through the ocean. 

The image was then added to the card with dimensionals. For the sentiment I stamped in Evening Evergreen, fussy cut then glued to some scrap Evening Evergreen & fussy cut that also. Some glue to attach it to the raised matte & the card was finished.

Here's a sneak peak of the W-V fancy fold that will be the focus of my Mid Week blog on Wednesday. Hope you can come back to see all the info on how to make it.


So that's it for another week. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my creations & I hope you can come back next week. Next week I am creating using one of Stampin' Up®s beautiful card kits - Sentimental Rose. Everything except the stamp blocks is included in the kit so for those that are just starting out or who don't have a lot of supplies, it's the ideal way to make a heap of beautiful cards to share. I hope you can come back to see them all. 

If you would like me to send you a catalogue please send me a message on my FaceBook page at Crafted by Alison. 
If you would like to order any of the materials I used in today's cards I've popped some links down below for you that go directly to my Stampin' Up shop.
If you would like to buy any of the cards I show in my blogs they are available in my shop on FaceBook as well or you can message me to check if they are still available.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison

































Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174