Mid Week Blog #29 Double Fold with Belly Band

 Hello & welcome to my blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by. My mid Week blog is designed to be shorter than my Sunday blogs so that I can share techniques, card design or other tips and tricks with you. I feature projects that can be created for beginners & can also be stepped up for a fancier or more detailed item. I hope you enjoy this weeks focus which is a Double Fold card with a Belly Band.

 

I started with a standard A4 sheet of Basic White cardstock, cut to 14.8 x 29.7cm. I scored on the long side at 9.5 & 20cm to give 3 distinct areas of the card.

I used Evening Evergreen as the first matte on the two folding wings & added some Ever Eden DSP. Each layer is .5cm smaller than the previous layer. I was so sad when this beautiful DSP was only available for a short time & hope that Stampin' Up® bring it back soon. 

 

On the inside wings I used different designs of the same DSP plus added some Basic White feature pieces die cut using the Stitched Nested Labels dies. They were stamped in Evening Evergreen & Soft Succulent using stamps from the Eden's Garden stamp set. The sentiments on these pieces come from A Wish For Everything & Peaceful Moments stamp sets.

 

 The belly band is Evening Evergreen cardstock cut to 6.5 x 29.7cm then folded around the card once closed & glued together. To enable the band to slide off easily you need to make sure that you don't fold the sides too tightly before glueing. I stamped the large floral image from Eden's Garden in Soft Succulent on some Basic White then fussy cut it. I die cut some leaves from the Eden dies using some gold shimmer paper. The sentiment on the band is from the  Special Moments stamp set & was fussy cut & backed with some Evening Evergreen.

  

I love the freshness of the colours as well as the simplicity of creating this card which I think looks impressive! I hope you enjoyed this lovely card & perhaps will be inspired to create one of your own? If you do, I would love to see what you create. Please feel free to post any pics on my FaceBook page at CraftedbyAlison.

That's it for another Mid Week blog. On Sunday I will be showing you more creations using the lovely Eden's Garden stamp set & next week's Mid Week blog is looking at a colour challenge! This is always fun as the people who create the colour challenges usually put together colours that you wouldn't normally think of putting together but which work surprisingly well! I hope you can come back for both of those.

Til next time, take care & keep creating. XX Alison





















Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

New creations with He's All That

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Mid Week Blog Series #11 - Make your own gift bags.