Mid Week blog #37 Birdhouse fun fold

  Hello & welcome to my Mid Week blog,

I am an independant Stampin' Up® demonstrator with a passion for creating. I have a regular weekly blog on a Sunday that explores different stamp sets, die sets or products sold by Stampin' Up® and my Mid Week blog explores tips, techniques, card sketches, colour challenges & lots of other ideas to help you make the most of your crafting time. There are ideas for 'just starting out' crafters, 'in-betweeners' and more avid crafters. 

This week I have a super easy fun fold for you called a Bird House fold. 

I started with some Crumb Cake cardstock to create a regular portrait card base & scored it in half. From the centre fold scoreline I marked 5cm on each side at the top & bottom then scored diagonally to make an 'X' across the centre score line.

 

If you enjoy or have used Origami before then you can easily pinch fold both of these score lines to tuck them into the card & create the 'roof' of the birdhouse.

 

Next was cutting a piece of DSP for the cover measuring 14.3 x 10cm. Measure the same way you did for the card & cut it to fit. I did trim a tiny bit from the diagonal after placing it against the base. Using the Stylish Shapes dies I cut a circle into the card base & the next size circle from the DSP. To make sure they lined up properly I used some Washi tape to temporarily adhere the DSP to the inside of the card front & traced the circle onto it as shown in the centre pic below. I then lined up the larger circle over that.

  

The next step was to repeat the cutting mentioned above with some Basic White cardstock to create mattes for the inside. 

 

I stamped a bird onto the inside base but left the inside front blank. To finish off the front of the card I stamped a sentiment from Rainbow of Happiness inside the circle on the white that showed through. As I had some flowers left over from Sunday's Hello Ladybug post I decided to use them instead of cutting any more. These were added in a classic triangle pattern plus I added some sequins to the centres of the flowers & the top left corner.


The cute bird was stamped in Early Espresso & comes from the Free as a Bird stamp set & was coloured in using Stampin' Blends & a brown fine liner.

I stamped another bird on the front of an envelope to finish off the project. This card is for a friend at work who is leaving to take up another position. She is an art teacher so I'm always a little nervous making cards for her. She has helped me to develop my confidence & belief in my creative self so I hope she loves this card.


So that's it for this Mid Week blog. I hope you've enjoyed this cute little fun fold. If you decide to make a card yourself I'd love for you to pop over to my FaceBook page at craftedbyalison & post a pic of your work. 
My Sunday blog this week features a stamp set I have used before in my blog, Hydrangea Haven & the matching Hydrangea dies. It's such a beautiful design that I just had to revisit it.  In my Mid Week blog next week I will show you how to use a score board to create some interesting details on your cards. I hope you can join me for both of those.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any questions or comments you can send me a message via my Facebook page or email me at craftedbyalison@blogspot.com. 
Til next time, take care & keep creating. XX Alison









Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Supremely Awesome stamp set makes awesome & cute projects.