Mid Week Blog #50 - Card Sketch #6

 Hello & welcome to my Mid Week blog,

I am an independant Stampin' Up® demonstrator with a passion for creating. I have a regular weekly blog on a Sunday that explores different stamp sets, die sets or products sold by Stampin' Up® and my Mid Week blog explores tips, techniques, card sketches, colour challenges & lots of other ideas to help you make the most of your crafting time. There are ideas for 'just starting out' crafters, 'in-betweeners' and more avid crafters.  

The focus this week is on creating using a card sketch. Card sketches can be really useful if you have hit a dip in the mojo road or if you just want to try something new or different. Here are two cards I made this week using a simple card sketch. It's the same design but the orientation of them is different. One card is landscape & the other is portrait

Here's the sketch I started with.


The landscape design was created using Boughs of Holly DSP with Real Red, Shaded Spruce & Basic White cardstock. The front matte was embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder then diecut using the new Deckled Rectangles dies. I used a couple of the new Red & Green pearls for the centres of the poinsettias. The sentiment was stamped in black on a Shaded Spruce banner from the Christmas Banners stamps & dies bundle.


For the portrait card I used Honeybee stamps, Honeybee Blooms dies & Hive embossing folder for the images & matte. The images were stamped in Early Espresso then I coloured the bees & flowers with Cinnamon Cider Stampin' Write & Blends as well as So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Call Me Clover, Granny Apple Green & the skin tone blend SU700.

I created these cards using the very simple sketch featuring a matte, 3 squares & a rectangle. It's a starting point for many different variations. I went back over my previous blogs & found that it's a sketch that I use on a regular basis. Here are other samples & the dates they were blogged.

 
Mid Week Colour Challenge 4/5/22  

Tidings & Trimmings 31/10/21

Textures & Frames 10/10/21

All For Baby 1/8/21

As you can see, there are lots of ways you can use the sketch to create different cards simply by changing the shape of the die or stamp. I hope you've enjoyed seeing this very versatile sketch & give it a try yourself. If you do I would love you to post a pic on my FaceBook page at CraftedbyAlison.

That's it for another Mid Week Blog, thanks for stopping by. My next blog is on Sunday & features a gorgeous Stamp set called Ocean Front which lends itself to male cards but is also beautiful for nature lovers. Next week's Mid Week blog shows you how to create a Pinwheel design card. I hope you can join me for both of those. Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison









Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Supremely Awesome stamp set makes awesome & cute projects.