Free as a bird!


 Welcome back everyone.

My goodness the world can change so quickly can't it? I was lucky enough to be able to catch up with some family yesterday for a picnic in the park. Driving along the highway to meet them I was amazed at all the building & roadworks changes there have been while we've been in lockdown! It was wonderful to see the sights again & enjoy the glorious weather in Melbourne. 😍 

And like the title of this week's post, I felt as 'Free as a bird'. I worked with some older DSP that co-ordinates with the Free As A Bird stamp set to create 3 different pieces this week. The first is a card with a cutaway piece, replacing that with a 3D sentiment. The second uses the cutaway piece with die cut leaves from the Forever Flourishing die set. The final piece to the trio was an easel mini calendar but made in a landscape design instead of the portrait style that my previous posts have used. Here's some pics






Another item I worked on was an order for a work friend who wanted a mini calendar to brighten up her dark toned work area. The brief was that she liked yellow & white but something cheery & bright so I played around with paper I already had & added some blue to give it a little pop. 




I added some detail with lovely glimmery blue ribbon but only had a small piece left for the reverse. It got the better of me I must admit! It started out as a bow but was too teeny so after a dummy spit, 😑 it transformed into a knot! I do like the way it turned out though. πŸ˜‚ πŸ’

So now it's on to a new week of creating & crafting. I watched a video of a fellow demonstrator making some beautiful cards using stamping blocks to make water colour block cards & that is what my goal is for today's crafting. Pretty excited to see what I can make & have a little play around with it. Will post what I come up with when I'm done.

Hope you all managed to catch up with family, friends or just our beautiful outdoors. Have a lovely week until we chat again!

XX Alison





Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

New creations with He's All That

Creating some sparkle with the Birthday Sparkle kit