What a busy week!

 Happy Sunday everyone!

Wow, that week certainly flew by! Isn't it funny how every day is exactly the same length in time but some seem to go past so much quicker? That was my week just gone. We were so happy to be able to finally visit my youngest daughter in her new home. She moved there at the very beginning of October but COVID restrictions & her work schedule meant that we were only able to get there this week. Such a lovely time seeing the work they've done so far. Looking forward to more visits & seeing what else they do to make it their own.

I was also lucky to be able to catch up with a lovely bunch of ladies that I normally catch up with each month when we're not isolating in a pandemic! Haven't seen them face to face since, I think, February? We certainly enjoyed a good chat but also managed to get some card making done. I made 6 more for my collection but haven't decided what sentiments to do on a couple so will finish them when I decide. Here's what I made....



I used the Ornamental envelopes stamp for this with the Winter snow embossing folder for the background.

Love the colours of this one, made using the Forever blossoms stamp set & hand coloured.



One of my favourite stamp sets is the Painted Poppies set & for these last 3 I've experimented with different colours & stamps & am very happy with the simplicity of them.

I've had a lot of people in my life move into new homes this year so when I got a new stamp set & dies I had to have a play around to see what I could come up with. This was made using the Coming Home stamp set & Home Together dies.


I've shown you this fold before but changed it around a little to incorporate the trees which were made with Forever Fern/Forever flourishing stamps & dies. A little bit of fun with an Aussie 'Home among the gumtrees' feel to it.

Next on my list was making some gift boxes in readiness for Christmas. I make some for a gentleman at my Mum's nursing home but also need some for myself & my shop. I was lucky enough to be gifted a Gift Box Punch board by an op-shop loving friend (thanks Cheryl!) so making them was super quick & easy.  I made a variety of different sizes to suit different gifts.



These were all made with plain cardstock & embellished with some more of the Tag Buffet kit which has certainly been worth the money!

I've also been photographing my cards, gift boxes & Christmas crackers to upload to FB for selling. Taking a big leap of faith with all my new found 'tech' skills & hoping people like my things enough to buy them. Wish me luck!

That's about it for this week. Now I have to go downstairs & help my husband clean out the freezer we were using during COVID lockdown. It's an old one & it seems that it doesn't want to freeze anymore so we have to cook a few things & throw out what can't be salvaged. 😞 Thankfully we had used up a lot of the food so 🤞there's not too much waste.

Hope you got a few bargains during the current sales & have started to get organised for Christmas. Less than 4 weeks now! Have a lovely week & I'll be chatting with you again next week.

XX Alison


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

New creations with He's All That

Creating some sparkle with the Birthday Sparkle kit