New home & Beautiful Hydrangeas

 Welcome back to my blog!

Everybody seems to be getting right into the spirit of Christmas. It's less than 2 weeks away so everywhere you look there are decorations, carols, parties & dancing. And also frazzled faces! I managed to do most of my tasks last week & tidied the house before putting up the tree & getting the house decorated for Christmas. 

I've also been busy making stacks of Christmas cards to sell as well as making cards to order. I've completed some really cute young boy dinosaur cards (or girls if they love dinosaurs), a baby shower card, a farewell card & a new home card. Here's some pics of the finished dinosaur cards....





The paper is retired stock from the Dinoraur paper & look so cute with the detailed greeting.

The baby shower card was made combining the envelope dies, the greenery embossing folders & my scoreboard for the diagonal square. The sentiment was made using the Well Written dies. I just loved using the softer pastel tones. 

We say good-bye to one of our colleagues this week so I made a card for him that went with his passion for dogs. The DSP is from the Pampered pets series & the sentiment is from the Tags in Bloom Stamp set. It was lovely to play around with the triangle shapes & I love the pop of red in the centre.

I'm also in love with the Stitched so Sweetly dies that I used for the backing of the sentiment. I got a bit carried away & used it on the farewell card, the dinosaur cards & a whole heap of Christmas cards! 



The housewarming/new home card was for a very dear friend who I haven't been able to see in person since her milestone birthday (not going to embarrass her with the number) in January! Was so lovely to catch up & see the beautiful new home they've built. Such lovely weather for sitting outside & enjoying some long overdue chin-wagging! I played around with some different colour combinations & love the pop of Bermuda bay & Merry Merlot. The stamp set is Coming home & was perfect for the occasion.

My final project was a graduation card which I decided would look best as an easel card. I borrowed a friends dies to make the little tools as the graduation was for a pre-apprenticeship for a budding electrician. Guys are tricky to decorate cards for but I think the simplicity of the card should be just right. Luckily I still had a couple of tassels left from the Parisian blossoms suite to finish off the card. 



I received a goodie box of new Stampin' Up® products which included the stunning Hydrangea DSP. This gorgeous paper is part of the new Hydrangea Hill Suite that's in the Jan-June '21 mini catalogue. It's due for release on January 5th. There are so many beautiful designs & accessories that will be available but I'll go into that in another post. Here's a sneaky peak of the DSP, Acetate, Stamp set, dies & bling though as it's just so beautiful. ๐Ÿ’– As soon as the Christmas craziness is finished I'm diving straight in to have a play with it all! I'll post some more info about the other beautiful things in the catalogue too. ๐Ÿ˜



My job list this week is to wrap the presents for under the tree (oops, didn't finish it last week), finish the Christmas gift boxes & start on the Christmas cooking. There just never seems to be enough time in the days at this time of year to do all the things that need to be done. Wish me luck!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great week & I'll be back to chat more next week.

XX Alison


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Peaceful Poppies gift set

Creating unique cards with Embossing folders

Good Morning Magnolia!