Painted Poppies

 Hello everyone & welcome back.

This week's post will be looking at the Painted Poppies stamp set & co-ordinating dies from the Painted labels & Poppy moments sets. I always enjoy creating with these sets as there are so many easy ways to use them & the results are always so pretty.

Here's some of the cards I made this week using them....


 
I used some new colours for these two cards - Blackberry Bliss & Cherry Cobbler. I co-ordinated them with some Bumblebee & Old olive cardstock. The only stamping involved was for the sentiments - Blossoms in bloom for the slimline & Tranquil thoughts for the sectioned card. A touch of softness with some linen ribbon & pearls & that's a couple of easy but lovely cards to add to the collection.


The final card I made with the Painted poppies is for a friend's birthday & I used Poppy Parade cardstock, diecut the white cardstock using the Curvy dies & cut a piece of DSP for under the white. The sentiment is from the Quite Curvy stamp set. I stamped & sponged the front poppy, adding some die cut leaves & stamen plus some Mossy Meadow braided linen. The inside poppy I painted with a water pen & the inkpads. Very happy with the results of all of the Poppy cards this week.

My daughter asked me for some cards for friends this week - one to support a friend & the other as a sympathy card. 


This notelet was made using the Tranquil thoughts stamp set & matching dies.


This little sympathy card is very cute & quick to make using the Hydrangea Haven stamps, a water pen to fill in the leaves & the gorgeous Hydrangea Hill DSP as a background.

Both she asked for in smaller sizes. Which got me thinking.......
I promised to show you some ideas for using the freebies you can receive when purchasing from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue this month & thought, why not make some quick & easy little notelets using the Flower & fields DSP?


The brickwork background above is created using the Brick & Mortar embossing folder.


I used the Wrapped in texture embossing folder & Stitched so sweetly dies for the 'Thinking of you' card & the Layered Leaves embossing folder & Art Gallery sentiment for the Congratulations card.

All of these little cuties were made in about an hour. The colours of the DSP are so diverse that there's always a co-ordinating colour to compliment the design. I used Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Bumblebee, Blushing bride & Seaside spray. They have very little embellishments but will be perfect for a quick note for a friend or work colleague.

Now that I look back at all these pics I realise that I've been quite busy with my cards this week! But I also had lots of fun creating them. Next week I'll be showing you some wedding cards I'm working on for an order & will showcase the Art Gallery stamp set from the January - June 2021 Mini catalogue.

If you'd like any more info on this week's cards, would like to place an order for cards or maybe a catalogue then let me know. There's contact details at the top of the page or you can find me at alisonculliver.stampnup.net or on FB - Crafted by Alison.

I hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks for popping bye, I'll see you next time!

XXAlison






Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

New creations with He's All That

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Mid Week Blog Series #11 - Make your own gift bags.