Monogram messages with a twist

 Good Morning everyone! 

We have a glorious day outside in Melbourne, hope your day is just as nice. This week I have had a play with the Monogram messages stamp set & really enjoyed thinking up something a little different for getting the most out of the steps whilst also using some of the freebies from the Sale-a-bration catalogue which ends today! I'll be placing one more order to make the most of the free DSP. 😀

The cards I have for you this week are birthday themed cards but two could easily be used for other occasions.....

The colours for these cards were selected to co-ordinate with the DSP colours. They're quite simple cards with just a little bling to finish.

'Celebrate' uses the Oh So Ombre DSP with matching Old Olive Card stock. To add some brightness I added a little Bumblee for the tiny flowers & heat embossed the sentiment, adding some fussy cut flowers & leaves for a little detail. I finished it off with a few black rhinestones & angled the top layers & viola! The Happy birthday card was the same layout but I chose a smaller size for the top layers, embossed the DSP with the Layered leaves folder & added a little gold string & hand coloured butterfly. Both of these cards have some shimmer of the flowers & butterfly which doesn't show up very well in the photos.

For the final card I used some of the Berry Delightful DSP. Using a sentiment from the Berry Blessings stamp set I then diecut it using the stitched shapes dies & mounted it with some gorgeous Rich Razzleberry velvet ribbon. This tied in nicely with a small strip of Rich Razzleberry for the banner in the sentiment & the cute butterfly. Simple but I think it's my favourite of the three. I hope Stampin' up add the DSP to their annual catalogue as it goes perfectly with the Sweet Strawberry stamp set & is too cute to stop stocking. 

The other card I'd like to share with you this week is one I made for a good friend's kitchen tea. 


I chose Grapefruit grove & Coastal Cabana for the colours & embossed some old DSP using the Layered leaves folder & some Playing with Patterns ribbon. The die is from a card making magazine & not available through Stampin' up but it was perfect for the theme.

The challenge I'm giving myself for next week's blog is to create using the Sweet Strawberry & Oval Occasions stamp sets & using the catalogues for C.A.S.Eing inspiration! Looking forward to a little bit of creative fun! I hope you have a lovely week & I hope you can come back next week to see what I've come up with. Stay safe..... XX Alison.





Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174