Peaceful moments

 Hello everyone,

 I apologise for the late issue this week. I've been incredibly busy packing up the house in readiness for the new flooring & Mum was taken to hospital so I've been visiting her every day too. This meant that I got a little behind with making my cards for the blog. But, all good, cards are now finished & ready to share with you! 😀

This week I focused on using a stamp set that is just sentiments which meant I was able to create 2 completely different cards by changing which stamps I added to the mix. The focus stamp set is Peaceful Moments which is just a mixture of sentiments. The two stamp sets I chose to add to the cards are the Painted Poppies & Baby Pull Toys sets. Here's how the cards turned out....


For the first card I wanted something simple that could be used for male or female & for a variety of occasions. I used some DSP from the Sale-A-Bration Berry delightful collection & added a heap of stars in Daffodil Delight using the star stamp from the Baby Pull Toys stamp set. I added a little bit of the ruched Daffodil Delight ribbon & some bling with a few golden Wonderful Gems. Simple but it certainly pops! 


The second card was made using up a scrap from my DSP supplies that co-ordinated with the Calypso Coral card stock. I stamped some poppies from the Painted Poppies stamp set & played around with my water pen using the matching ink pad. The sentiment from Peaceful Moments was stamped straight onto some Pear Pizzazz which I mounted on some Basic White, adding some detail using the painted labels dies. I fussy cut one of the leaves from the stamp set & added a matching bow to finish off the card. The idea for the card came from the Stampin' Up catalogue! Great place to get inspiration & to see how many different ways you can use the one stamp set.

I'm afraid that's all I had time to make this week. Hopefully I'll be able to create something lovely for you next week. I am going to use the Good Morning Magnolia double stamp set & matching dies before they retire to make way for the amazing new catalogue that launches at the beginning of May! I love the beauty & simplicity of this set & will be sad to see it go.

I hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks for stopping by & I'll see you next time!
Take care, Alison XXX


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

New creations with He's All That

Creating some sparkle with the Birthday Sparkle kit