Etched in nature

 Hello everyone & Happy Mother's Day to all the Mums, Grandmums & special ladies today.

I was lucky enough to be able to spend time will all my children today & was very spoilt with some yummy food & flowers. It's always nice when we can all be together now that they've grown up & moved on with their lives.

This weeks cards are made using a stamp set from the brand new catalogue which launched earlier this week called Etched in Nature. The stamps are very details & as the name suggests, are all about nature. I chose two different styles of card, colourways & stamps.

 

The first card I used natural, earthy colours & a cute cut out design to highlight the mushrooms & sentiment in the middle of the card. The card base is Crumb Cake with DSP from Forever Greenery which, sadly, is now retired. I stamped the mushrooms in Crumb Cake & hand painted the greenery with an alcohol marker then mounted that on some Shaded Spruce. They are both die cut using the Stitched Nested Labels dies. There is also co-ordinating sentiments & images on the inside of the card.

 
The second card is made with the same stamp set but I used Pacific Point as the card base & ink & added some Champagne Foil card stock to give a touch of elegance. I stamped the same image on a piece of Pacific Point card stock the ran it through the machine with the Quite curvy die & separated the two pieces when glueing them down. This allows the foil to really shine in the centre. To finish the card I stamped 'Happy' on the main image & 'Mother's day' on a small piece, adding a twist of blue & silver twine before adding it to the card. The image & 'Happy' are raised with dimentionsals. The sentiments are from the Well Said stamp set. I love how this card turned out.

Well that brings us to the end of another blog. Next week I will be showing you some designs from the Love of Leaves stamp set & the matching Stitched Leaves dies. I'm really looking forward to creating with these as they can be used for any occasion & both masculine or feminine cards. 

That's it for another week. I hope you had a lovely Mother's day. Thanks for dropping by, I'll see you next week! Bye for now, XXX Alison





Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Peaceful Poppies gift set

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Creating unique cards with Embossing folders

Good Morning Magnolia!