Pretty Pansy Patch

 Hello again & welcome back to my blog,

I've so much fun creating this week! I played around with the brand new Pansy Patch stamp set & matching Pansy Dies. The results are simply stunning, though I don't mean to boast. I hope you love them as much as I do. Here's the pics.....


I absolutely love how this first card turned out. I've always loved Pansies but when I got the dies & stamps I thought, how do they go together??? It was actually very easy to do once I had a little play & watched Jo Blackman on Youtube. This card was inspired by a beautiful card she showcased. The base is the new Fresh Freesia with a Gorgeous Grape layer & Basic white top layer. I stamped the pansies using the masking technique & layered them with the leaves & more pansies. The colours are the same as the base & first layer with the centres stamped in Rich Razzleberry & Daffodil Delight. The leaves are the new greens, Soft Succulent & Evening Evergreen. I stamped one of the sentiments from the Pansy Patch stamp set onto white card using Evening Evergreen & backed it with some of the gorgeous Evening Evergreen Shimmer Vellum before mounting it with some gold twine on the card. The splattered background was created by using a water pen dipped in some Rich Razzleberry & flicked onto the card then doing the same with some Wink of Stella. To finish off the card I die cut an extra pansy & leaf from some extra pansies I'd stamped then trimmed away any excess white before mounting them over one of the flowers on the card. I love it! Have I mentioned that already?? ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‚

The next card was inspired by a post on Pinterest by Linda Bedinger of Ink & Ingenuity. I haven't tried the Dutch door fold before & it perfectly suited the size of the larger pansy. 



This was actually quite easy to make when you take it one step at a time & I really like learning new styles. The colours are similar to the first card, Fresh Freesia, Gorgeous Grape, Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent & Daffodil delight, & I added a trimmed down Square Vellum doily to put behind the sentiment. The cutout was created by trimming off a piece of Basic White with the Banners Pick a punch & adhering it to a piece of Evening Evergreen which had been trimmed with the Tailored Tag punch & then mounted with dimensionals. I haven't worked with Vellum very often so it was fun to play with some new materials. I added a little bit of colour by sponging the edges of the sentiment with some Daffodil Delight & placing a few Bumblebee enamel dots around it. The little bud is so cute. Very dainty. I'll be sending this to someone who's been very kind to me lately. ๐Ÿฅฐ

My final card is bold & beautiful. 


I started with a Blackberry Bliss card base & added a piece of White card that had been embossed in the Layered leaves folder. I used some of the Oh So Ombre paper in Granny Apple Green to add some pop & die cut a Daffodil Delight & Blackberry Bliss Pansy, adding some green for the centre & drawing in some black detail above the centre. I adhered the smaller leaf to the paper & mounted the larger leaf & pansy to give it some dimension. I added some white ribbon & some of the lovely 2021-2023 in colour jewels to finish the front. Inside I stamped a cute little bud in matching colours. Very simple but I love the drama of the dark & light colours. 

That's the last of the cards for this week. Next week I'll be creating using the Free as a bird Stamp set which is another really pretty set with flowers, leaves & of course, birds! I hope you have time to come back & see what I've created. If there's anything you like from this post or one of my previous posts then please stop by my shop at alisonculliver.stampinup.net

Take care til then. Bye for now, XXX Alison








Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

New creations with He's All That

Creating some sparkle with the Birthday Sparkle kit