Forever Ferns, Expressions in Ink mash up

 Hello everyone, 

Welcome back to my blog. Well, here we go again! Lockdown 5.0. 😢 This one is supposed to be only for 5 days but most people are sure it will go longer. For some it's a great time to craft but for others it means no money or possibly losing their job or business or being separated from those they love. Fingers crossed that more people get vaccinated, less cases happen & we can finally move forward towards a more 'normal' lifestyle. That being said, I have been able to complete a few lovely cards for you to look at today. 

The stamp set I have focussed on is the beautiful Forever Ferns which is simply stunning on its own but when teamed with the Forever Greenery DSP or the new Expressions in Ink DSP looks so beautiful.


This card was so simple to make, using a piece of Expressions in Ink DSP mounted on some Garden Green card stock, adding a gold hoop from the Forever Greenery suite to which I attached some die cut leaves using Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive. I stamped the sentiment using the Biggest Wishes stamp set in Garden Green & Pear Pizzazz & finished it off with a white linen bow. Very simple but effective.

The next two cards I made during an online catchup with some card ladies as we were unable to have our face to face meeting. Cath had organised a Mystery Card activity which she had seen & we made a card from materials we had gathered together prior to our meeting & following Cath's instructions as we went. I made one using imperial measurements, following along with the group then one in metric as we chatted along. Here are the two cards. The first is the imperial measurements in cream card stock with white matting inside & the sentiment matted on Garden Green. I stamped some leaves in Evening Evergreen & Pear Pizzazz. I left the hinged strip open on this one.


The second is the metric using white card stock


The sentiment is stamped in Garden Green ink on a background I made using two of the Forever Ferns stamps plus Pear Pizzazz & Pretty Peacock inks. For this card there was more matting so I glued the hinged strip flat.

My final card was something a little different in colour. I loved the stamping on the front of the last card so decided to hand stamp my own DSP. 


I cut the stamping into strips & mounted them onto Evening Evergreen then added dimensionals to the two outer strips & the sentiment giving a 3D effect. The card base is a colour that I haven't used much of, Cajun Craze but I love how it stands out so vividly & will definitely be ordering some more.

Well I hope you enjoyed looking at what I created this week. If you would like to order any of the supplies I used for these cards or have a catalogue sent out to you then please contact me & I will happily help you out.
Next week I will be looking at some different fun folds so I hope you can join me for those. Til next week, take care & stay safe. Alison XX

Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Peaceful Poppies gift set

Creating unique cards with Embossing folders

Good Morning Magnolia!