All for Baby

 Hello everyone & welcome to this week's blog!

What interesting weather we've had in Melbourne this week. Some beautiful mild winter days, crazy windy days & bucket loads of rain yesterday! Ah, Melbourne, you continue to keep us on our toes & allow us to get the most out of our wardrobe, all year round.๐Ÿ˜†

This week I've played around with some really cute baby card ideas. As I mentioned previously, I've been asked to make quite a few baby cards recently so this week I created some using the All for Baby stamp set & the co-ordinating Baby Clothes dies. 


I just love how crisp, simple but sweet these turned out. In theory you could use both for a boy but I think I would probably use the blue for a boy & the peach for a girl. I'm a little bit of a traditionalist but I suppose it also depends on who you're giving the cards too as well?
Anyway, here's a breakdown of what I used to create each one.......

This peachy toned card was the first of the two, using Pale Papaya, Grapefruit Grove & Basic White for the bulk of the card. I added a touch of Terracotta tile for the pocket & pegs & stamped the sentiment in that too. The White was embossed using the spotty folder from Wrapped in Texture embossing folders & I reversed the pattern with the back piece being raised & the front being indented. The patterned paper is suprisingly from the You're a Peach DSP! Quite versatile that pack.

The second card I made with a boy in mind & I loved the striking contrast of the Terracotta tile that I use on the previous card so I incorporated it into this one with one of the matts, the pegs & banner backing.
I used the woven pattern for both white mattes & added some Terracotta tile/white twine behind the sentiment banner. One romper is die cut from the You're a Peach DSP, the other was stamped using the All for Baby stamp set then die cut using the Baby Clothes dies.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these cards!

Next up I created some 'Dresser' cards.


These were made using stamped images from the All for baby stamp set then die cut using the Baby Clothes dies. The design of the dresser was inspired by cards I've seen on Pinterest & was made simply by using the Decorative Label punch on the bottom of the folded card! The drawers were rectangles cut to look like drawers, sponged then raised on dimensionals. The 'knobs' are simply pearls & dots that co-ordinated with the colour of the cards. Some had ribbon, some I cut the clothes, most had a teddy, all were super cute when finished. Here are individual pics to give you more detail.....



The colours from top left to bottom are Daffodil Delight, Pale Papaya, Pool Party, Soft Sea Foam & Basic white with Soft Sea Foam highlights. There are so many pretty pastel colours in the catalogue that it's easy to make lovely soft cards for children & babies.

Before I say goodbye, I want to remind you that we have a new mini catalogue going live on the 3rd August with loads of Christmas themed goodies as well as Thanksgiving & general occasion items. There are some truly stunning papers & trimmings so if you would like me to send a catalogue to you or purchase something then please let me know. I will be putting some links at the end of this blog for you to access my shop.

Well, that's it for another week. Next week I'll be focussing on The Blossoms in Bloom stamp set & matching Many Layered Blossoms dies. I've made a few stunning cards with these & am looking forward to experimenting with some slightly different finishes. Hope you can come back & see what I've made.
Take care & keep crafting! Bye for now, Alison XX


https://www.stampinup.com.au?demoid=4023901






Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

New creations with He's All That

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Male'ish' cards