Early Christmas creations

 Hello everyone! 

Welcome to my blog! I have been super busy creating lots of lovely things to share with you this week. Last week I mentioned the gorgeous papers I had just received & this week I've made 3 cards & 3 gift giving ideas using those papers. Here's a pic of everything I made.


There's so much to talk about but I won't go into lots & lots of details, I'll just give you a quick rundown of what I made.

First up, I'll start with the cards.


The card on the left was made with Cherry Cobbler cardstock, embossed with the Winter Snow embossing folder & has 2 strips of the Sweet Stockings DSP, one on the front and a smaller strip inside. The detail on the front is piece from the same collection mounted on some Old Olive cardstock. The sentiment is from the A Wish For Everything stamp set. A few scattered rhinestones & the card is complete.

The centre card has a piece of Soft Suede cardstock, embossed with the Old World Paper embossing folder to create the mantel of a fireplace. The brickwork was achieved by running a piece of Basic White cardstock through the Brick & Mortar embossing folder & sponged it with Crumb Cake. I stamped some presents from the Sweet Little Stockings stamp set & hand coloured with Stampin' Blends then cut them out with the Stockings dies before adhering them along the bottom of the card. The stockings were die cut from the Sweet Stockings DSP & 'pinned' to the mantel with some brads. The sentiment is also from the same stamp set.

The final card is probably my favourite. It was super easy. DSP from the Sweet Stockings pack mounted on Old Olive cardstock then mounted onto Cherry Cobbler cardstock. The sentiment is from the Sweet Little Stockings stamp set & I used a leftover label from a card kit which was backed with some more of the Cherry Cobbler & Old Olive. This was finished with some Matt Decorative Dots & dimensionals & the stars were highlighted with some liquid pearls.

Now for the gifting ideas.


First up is a super quick bottle gift tag. The tag itself was cut & scored to fit over the neck of a regular bottle. The hole was created using the Stitched Shapes dies & the corners were all rounded. A piece of DSP from the Peaceful Prints pack was topped with a Square Vellum Doily, some Red Foil cut out with a die from the Painted Labels die set & topped with the sentiment from Sweet Little Stockings stamp set. This was stamped in Memento Black & then fussy cut. The finishing touch were a few rhinestones. These are so easy to make for gifts any time of the year.

Next were gift card holders.
 
The first is a small holder, just big enough for a gift card to fit inside. The Cherry Cobbler cardstock is similar in size to a portrait card but scored 3 times to allow for the centre to be glued together before die cutting an opening for the gift card to sit in using one of the Stitched So Sweetly dies. There are 2 pieces of DSP from the Peaceful Prints pack on the inside flaps overlayed with Very Vanilla to allow some room for writing. The front has the same DSP as inside but I used a fussy cut stocking & a stamped kitty centred over Evening Evergreen & Be Dazzled circles as the focus of the front. (Isn't the Be Dazzled paper stunning?) This also enabled me to have a channel for the ribbon to pass through. The second piece of ribbon is hidden under the inside back fold. The sentiment is a tiny 'for you' heat embossed in gold onto some Cherry Cobbler. This design is a lovely idea for a small 'thank you' or Christmas gift or for Birthdays as well.


The final gift card holder is a bit more fancy. I created one like this many years ago & kept the original as I loved it so much. I decided this year was the year to re create it.


This one is a two step design. There is an outer casing which holds the 'bauble' that has a pocket inside for the gift card itself. The colour is a lot softer for this piece as I used some Pool Party cardstock and matching patterned DSP from the Sweet Stockings pack. I then wrapped some faux white linen ribbon around the outside so it appears to be a wrapped present. The sentiment is from the Sweet Little Stockings stamp set, heat embossed in silver before being fussy cut & mounted onto some Bermuda Bay cardstock. I liked the little pop of colour it produces. It was then raised on some dimensionals.
 

I didn't have a circle die big enough to make the bauble so used an old circular cutting system from a long time ago. It worked though! The top of the bauble is made using some silver foil paper with silver thread from the Simply Elegant trims. The bauble could be made on it's own & embellished further if you wanted to hang it on a tree but I think it has more WOW factor when placed inside the 'present'.

I had so much fun creating this week. There's still lots of different designs I want to make using these 2 sets of DSP so I've decided to make more for next week's blog. There's gift tags for presents, gift boxes & different cards I want to CASE so stay tuned for more Christmas offerings next week!

That's it for me this week. I hope you enjoyed my creations this week. If you would like me to send you a free catalogue or would like to buy something from my online store then click on the links below. Thanks for stopping by & I hope you can find time to come back next week. Take care & keep crafting.....         XX Alison









































Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

New creations with He's All That

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Male'ish' cards