Nuts about squirrels!

 Hi everyone,

Welcome to my blog. I hope you've all stayed safe this week & found time to do things that make you smile. I've had a really busy, productive week. Apart from going into work as well as making this weeks cards I decided to take a leap out of my comfort zone & join in a Mega Bundle tutorial that my up-line is holding. What a learning curve! Thankfully there are lots of helpful, talented people waiting in the sidelines to help me out when I came across issues I hadn't faced before. I worked hard & have completed my card for the bundle & just have to submit it. I must admit I'm a little nervous but boy it was helpful to step outside of my normal areas of expertise & try something new. I can't share it with you yet but when it goes live I'll give you all the details of how you can get your hands on the bundle.

Getting back to my usual blog info, I also had oodles of fun playing around with the gorgeous Nuts about Squirrels stamp set. My eldest daughter has a 'thing' for squirrels after visiting America, Canada & the UK so when I saw the stamp set in the July to December Mini Catalogue I knew it was going to end up in my stash. Here's the different things I made with it......


I love how simple the cards & bookmark were to make but how stunning the colours look. There are so many ways you can work with these stamps but here's a run down on how I create these.


This little cutie was made using Garden Green & Basic White cardstock with a touch of Night of Navy behind the sentiment. This ties in nicely with the colours from the Beauty of the Earth DSP on the panel. The squirrel was stamped in Cajun Craze with Soft Suede & Cinnamon Cider (stamped off for a softer colour) for the acorn. The White matting was embossed using the Old World Paper embossing folder. Unfortunately this has now retired but the new Bark embossing folder would look lovely as well. I don't have that yet but will show you how it looks when I do get it. I didn't add any other embellishments as I think it looks good with out any.


For my second card I went with more of the Autumnal shades. The DSP layers are again from the Beauty of the Earth DSP pack & I selected colours from the leafy paper to use as the matting & stamped leaves. The matting is Cajun craze & the leaves are Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Bumblebee & Soft Suede but any of the Autumn shades would work well with this paper. The squirrels were stamped in Crumb Cake & Smoky Slate. Finished the card with some Champagne Rhinestones for just a little bling.

My final creation is something a little different. I have a friend who loves reading & is having a birthday so I thought, why not make her a new bookmark?


This was so quick & easy to whip up. I started with some Cinnamon Cider cardstock for the base & stamped a Squirrel, some branches & leaves in lots of different colours then adhered the stamped image onto the base. The top is punched using the Delightful Tag Topper Punch to which I added some Cinnamon Cider & Grapefruit grove ribbon as these were what I had on hand but it would look lovely with either the Evening Evergreen or Early Espresso ribbons. The sentiment is from the Many Happenings stamp set which is one huge slab with 23 different images & messages. When used with the Messages dies it cuts them all out in one go! I don't have the die yet so just inked the one message onto the bookmark. I hope my friend will enjoy sitting with a book & using this to mark her spot.

Well after that busy week I think I need to sit down with a coffee & relax for a bit. The weather here is beautiful today so I may even take it outside to enjoy some Vitamin D. 

If there's anything you would like to order after seeing my creations today or if you would like me to send you any of our catalogues for free then please let me know. There are links below if you would like to shop directly from my online store.

Next week I will be focussing on some more male cards as Father's day is just around the corner here in Australia. Hope you can come back to see what I create. Have a great week & stay safe. Cheers for now, XX Alison






 


















Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

New creations with He's All That

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Male'ish' cards