Poinsettia Petals

Hello & welcome to this week's blog.

My focus this week is on the beautiful Poinsettia stamp set & matching Poinsettia dies. Most people think of Christmas when they think of Poinsettias but the beautiful shape of the petals when done in different shades makes this flower very versatile. This week I had a little play around with Poinsettias & am happy to share my creations with you today.


I really enjoyed creating with this stamp set this week. With 2 of the cards I stuck with traditional red, white, green & gold but for the final card I wanted to have something completely different & splashed out with purple! Here's the first of my creations. 



The first card has a few layers of matting but still fits inside the envelope. 😄 I used a Garden Green matt, the Sale-A-Bration Be dazzling specialty paper then Real Red before stamping on a Basic White layer. I used the double stamping method on the poinsettia leaves & the yellow berries but also added some sponging to the centre of the flower to give it a bolder colour. I added some yellow & green Holiday Rhinestones to finish it off. Quite simple but gorgeous with the combination of colours of Garden Green, Real Red, Bumbelee & So Saffron.

Card number 2 is also Christmas themed but is a fun fold.


I started with a Real Red base, scoring half way along the front of the card & folding it back. I added a layer of Berry Delightful DSP as the green colours looked beautiful against the red but any of the green patterned DSP would look lovely. The Poinsettia arrangement was made by Gold heat embossing the flower onto Basic White cardstock before die cutting it out. I stamped & blended the leaves & green sprigs with Shaded Spruce & Evening Evergreen before die cutting them also. The gold berries were die cut from Gold Metallic specialty paper. It is just stunning & comes in Gold & Rose Gold. I stamped the sentiment from the Poinsettia Petals on the smaller piece of Basic white before adhering the Poinsettia arrangement onto it & adding it to a small piece of Real Red. This was overlapped onto the folded front of the card & then just a couple of Holiday Rhinestones to complete it. 

My final card was an 'outside the box' creation where I used Purples, not often used for Christmas. I used a sentiment from Create With Friends that could be used for Christmas if you wish or just as a Birthday/Celebration card.


The background of this card is actually from the beautiful Hydrangea Hill suite. Its the Mercury Glass Acetate & goes beautifully with the focus piece. I heat embossed one layer of the Poinsettia Petals stamp in White onto some vellum then raised it up (very carefully so you wouldn't see the dimensionals!) to make the images stand out more. I fussy cut the sentiment & added a Gorgeous Grape sheer ribbon bow to complete it. Love how it turned out. 

I have used this stamp set before as part of previous posts so here's a couple of pics of previous creations.



As you can see there is a lot you can do with this stamp set & the dies make it easier with less cutting!

We've had such a crazy week here in Melbourne that getting away from it all with some crafting is the ideal mindfulness activity. I've started on my Christmas stache for my shop on Facebook  and you can see what is added each week by clicking this link CraftedbyAlison shop link.


Next week I will be show casing the gorgeous Words Of Cheer stamp set & Christmas Cheer dies. Again this set is versatile as it can be used throughout the year, not just for Christmas. I hope you can come back to see what I create. 

The Sale-A-Bration catalogue is running out in just a few days! If you would like to receive some free products with orders over $90 then head over to my Stampin' Up page here

If you would like me to send you a free catalogue, please contact me & I'll send one straight out.

If there is anything I used in this weeks creations that you would like to purchase then please follow the links below.

I hope you enjoyed this weeks blog & can find some time to enjoy some mindfulness yourself. I look forward to having you visit me again. Stay safe, XX Alison


Poinsettia Petals stamp set

Poinsettia dies


Real Red cardstock

Garden Green cardstock

Gorgeous Grape cardstock

Be Dazzling specialty paper Sale-A-Bration freebie!

Hydrangea Hill Mercury Glass Acetate

Vellum

Garden Green classic Stampin' pad

Real Red classic Stampin' pad

White embossing powder/basics

Gold embossing powder

Gorgeous Grape sheer ribbon

Holiday Rhinestones

Basic Pearls

Dimensionals

Tombow Adhesive glue

Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Creating some sparkle with the Birthday Sparkle kit

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards