Mid Week Blog Post Series #6 - Shadow sponging

  Hello & welcome to my mid week blog,

These mid week blogs are designed to be shorter than my Sunday blogs so that I can share techniques, card designs or other tips and tricks with you. This week I will show you how to create 2 cards with the one stamping technique! You've got to love a time saver right?

  

So to start off the technique, you first die cut a large design that allows ink to make a shadow effect when you blend the ink over the die cut. I used the Many Layered Blossoms dies that co-ordinates with the Blossoms in Bloom Stamp set. I didn't need to use the stamps though as I could get a similar result with just the dies & some ink.


In these photos yo can see that I've layered 3 different greens (Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen & Soft Sea Foam) over the die cut floral piece using one of the super soft Blending Brushes. This leaves you with a diecut now shaded in pretty greens & the Basic White cardstock that was under the die cut when I was blending that has a lovely silhouette in greens.
 

Next was cutting out some more pieces in Basic White & some gorgeous Expressions in Ink DSP. I cut some matts in Basic White, Expressions in Ink DSP & the beautiful Evening Evergreen Cotton paper that is being released in the Jan - June 2022 Mini Catalogue. I then had heaps of fun playing around with mattings & diecut combinations. 







As you can see, with just a couple of die cut pieces & two different backings there are heaps of ways to create beautiful cards. As I needed a birthday card for a colleague (who happens to love green, funnily enough! 😁) I decided to use this weeks makings to create a card for her. Here is the finished card....


Once you add some ribbon & a sentiment you have a card that is simple & quick but packs a visual punch.

 I hope you enjoyed this weeks technique & try it out for yourself. If you do try it I would love to see what creations you come up with. Please feel free to message me via FaceBook or even pop it on my FaceBook page at CraftedbyAlison. 

Next week's mid week blog will be looking at how you can create cards with 'cutaway' fronts for a little bit of fun and variety. I hope you can come back to see what I create.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful week...XX Alison




Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174