Sweet Peaches - Fruit salad

 Hello & welcome to my blog,

If this is your first visit, I hope you enjoy it & come back again. If you are returning, welcome back & thank you!

This weeks cards are almost good enough to eat! They are made with the Sweet As a Peach stamp set, Peach dies & You're a Peach DSP. I hope you like them as much as I enjoyed creating with them!


As I was looking for inspiration on Pinterest I noticed there were a lot of cards with gorgeous peaches plus a couple with the pretty flowers. I wanted to show something a little different with this stamp set & I found a post by Mary Knabe at StampinPeace where she created all different sorts of fruits using the peaches from Sweet as a Peach. That's how my first card started.


I started by stamping some leaves onto the centre panel & also stamped the smaller peaches in a variety of colours. I liked the look of the Gorgeous Grape for plus & then decided an easel card would look cute. I used Gorgeous Grape & Pear Pizzazz as my two colours, keeping it very simple. I die cut both the centre panel & Gorgeous Grape matting with Stitched Rectangles & adhered those to some Basic White before attaching them to the card base. The stopper at the front which holds the card open in the easel position is also die cut with the rectangles & mounted on some dimensionals. The white layer looked a little bare on the front so I stamped a few teeny tiny leaves around the edge & in the corners of the inside layer to match. Done.

Card number 2 was inspired by Melissa Matesuvich on Pinterest also but I changed mine up with some cute little embellishments.

 

This was another simple card using You're a Peach DSP for the front & tag then stamping some peaches using Pale Papaya, Pumpkin Pie & Calypso Coral to give a lot of different colour variants to the peaches before die cutting them with the Peach dies. The leaves & card base are Old Olive & Pear Pizzazz. The tag on the front was made with the Delightful Tag Topper Punch. I wanted a small tag for the sentiment so I cheated a little & die cut it using one of the Trio of Tags dies from a previous holiday catalogue. (It comes in a strip of 3 but I only needed the one tag.) To finish the card I added some cute little embellishments - White Crinkled Seam ribbon to the tag, Loose Flower flourishes to the sentiment tag & a gorgeous Ladybug trinket on a leaf. I so love how pretty this card turned out.

For my final card I wanted to show the flower stamps from the stamp set off. I used another Pinterest post from Stampin Hoot to come up with a slightly different sketch.


The front of the card is cutaway using one of the retired Envelope dies to create the lovely scallop edging. I stamped the leaves & flowers directly onto some Basic White cardstock using the same colours as the first card then cut some strips of You're a Peach DSP & adhered them on the front & inside. I had tried a different die for the front edge by using a die from the Hydrangea dies but it was a fail! So I improvised & used the little blossoms instead to add as embellishments. 😁 I finished the card with a few Matte Decorative dots & mounted the sentiment on some Old Olive & Terracotta Tile Shimmery ribbon. This is a very delicate card but it looks so pretty too.

So that's it for my cards this week. I will use the other colours that I stamped in a future blog but when you have a bit of a play around with these stamps you can create so many fruits - blueberries, plums, apples, peaches, apricots, nectarines or even tomatoes! I hope you enjoyed this week's blog & find time to come back next week too. Don't forget that I also have a mid week blog where I highlight different techniques, layouts or tips & tricks. This weeks focus is on Z-fold cards. Hope you can make it. Next week I will be featuring a stamp set from the January to June Mini Catalogue which will be available for purchasing from 4th January 2022. So many lovely things to look at, I'm sure you'll love it.

If you would like me to send you a catalogue please send me a message on my FaceBook page at Crafted by Alison.
If you would like to order any of the materials I used in today's cards I've popped some links down below for you that go directly to my Stampin' Up shop.
If you would like to buy any of the cards I show in my blogs they are available in my shop on FaceBook as well.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed the cards and come back for more. Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison







Hydrangea Haven bundle  *dies not available separately.



Loose Flower Flourishes


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Supremely Awesome stamp set makes awesome & cute projects.