Mid Week Blog Series #10! Belly Bands

 Hello and welcome to my mid week blog,

These mid week blogs are designed to be shorter than my Sunday blogs so that I can share techniques, card design or other tips and tricks with you. This week is my 10th Mid Week blog! I'm amazed that the weeks go by so quickly. Today I will show you how to create belly bands for cards & boxes. 

I designed a card that specifically needed a belly band so you can see how easy it is to make.


To begin with I created the card base & cut some Very Vanilla cardstock & DSP to fit the folded parts of the front as well as the inside of the card. I also cut a 3.5cm strip of the same cardstock as the base & die cut some leaves to attach to the band.


To make the belly band I simply placed the strip centrally under the card then wrapped it around the front & trimmed away the excess. I punched a tag for under the leaves before sponging some yellow in the centres of the leaves & colouring the stamens using a Stampin' Blend pen. 


The tag is glued to the band & the leaves arranged on the tag to look like the flowers in the DSP.

As you can see from the following photo as the card is folded it tends to sit up rather than lie flat. That's where the belly band comes into it's own. You simply slide it over the tip of the card & it holds it all in nicely. 


Finally, here's a pic of the side view of the belly band.


Belly Bands are really so easy to make. You could measure them to fit any card or box if you want to but I find that it's far easier to wrap the band around the card & burnish it, that way there's no mistakes made when measuring. If you want to adapt the belly band for a box you just need to use the same principle when creating the band. Ensure that you measure at least 7-8cm longer than the measurements of the card or box to allow for the wrap around & overlap.

That's it for this week's Mid Week blog. I hope you've enjoyed learning about belly bands. I would love to see any projects you make with belly bands so please feel free to post them on my Facebook page. Coming up on my regular Sunday blog I'm highlighting the Forever Ferns stamp set to make Christmas cards & next week's Mid Week blog will show you how to make some gift bags.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you can come back again. Til next time, take care & keep creating.
XX Alison

Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Supremely Awesome stamp set makes awesome & cute projects.