Time to get 'In the Moment'!


 Hello & welcome to my blog,

If this is your first visit, I hope you enjoy it & come back again. If you are returning, welcome back & thank you!

Last week I gave you fruit salad thanks to the Sweet as a Peach stamp set. This week we're going to sit back, relax & unwind with some 'me-time' themed stamps from the newly available In the Moment stamp set. This stamp set will be available to purchase from 4th January 2022 as part of the new January to July Mini Catalogue. As we head into the crazy Christmas & Holiday period I think it's important to remember to find some time to relax & focus on your wellbeing. It's also nice to create some cards to send to friends or family to let them know that you're thinking of them or appreciate them. Here's some designs to give you some ideas on how to use this stamp set. 


I really enjoyed playing around with this new stamp set. It is due for release in the January to June 2022 Mini Catalogue but as a demonstrator I was able to purchase it earlier than that as it was orderable for those who attended the OnStage@Home event a few weeks ago. I used all the stamps from the set which is unusual for me, generally I use a few but not all. I'll walk you through how I made each one.


This laidback card was quite simple to make. First I stamped the image using Versamark & black embossing powder. Then I used a circle cutout to create the layered blending background. (The links to the colours I used are included below.) I adhered this to a piece of DSP from the Sand & Sea pack which is sadly retired. 😞I liked the design of it because it fitted in with the layered colouring I had done. I then stamped the sentiment directly onto the DSP & added a couple more seagulls in Memento Black to complete the front.


For my next card I decided to have a peek-a-boo window to showcase the pretty stamping. I used leaves from the up-coming Eden's Garden stamp set which will also be available in the new Jan-June 2022 catalogue. I did try colouring in some of the stamp on a previous sample but preferred the simplicity of it being just the two colours - Evening Evergreen & Crumb Cake. The delicate DSP is from the Ever Eden pack. I created the window by using a square from the Stitched Shapes dies & raising it on dimensionals to give it the appearance of a bay window. To finish off I used White embossing powder for the sentiment straight onto a strip of Evening Evergreen & attached an Embroidered Ribbon bow. The final touch were a few of the stunning Garden Gems. They appear a bit dark in these photos but are actually iridescent greens if you look closely.

 

The final card uses some Kraft Paper matting on a Soft Succulent card base with a layer of Bloom Where You're Planted DSP to make it look like the stamped image is framed by greenery. I stamped it in Evening Evergreen & lightly sponged the background with some Soft Succulent using the blending brushes. I kept the theme going with the sentiment, using Kraft Paper & Evening Evergreen ink & die-cut it using the Stitched So Sweetly dies. To add a little bling I looped some Jute twine from my stash with some gold Simply Elegant trim & added it behind the sentiment which is mounted on dimensionals.
I loved playing with this set to create some friendship cards. I have seen some other wonderful creations on Pinterest & Stampin' Up pages so will be casing them in the future.

I hope you enjoyed this week's blog & find time to come back next week too. Don't forget that I also have a mid week blog where I highlight different techniques, layouts or tips & tricks. This weeks focus is on a different type of embossing. Hope you can make it. 
Next week I will be featuring a stamp set from the current Annual Catalogue, Create with friends.

If you would like me to send you a catalogue please send me a message on my FaceBook page at Crafted by Alison.
If you would like to order any of the materials I used in today's cards I've popped some links down below for you that go directly to my Stampin' Up shop.
If you would like to buy any of the cards I show in my blogs they are available in my shop on FaceBook as well.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed the cards and come back for more. Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison


















Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Supremely Awesome stamp set makes awesome & cute projects.