Mid Week Blog Series #14 - Card sketches

 Hello and welcome to my mid week blog,

These mid week blogs are designed to be shorter than my Sunday blogs so that I can share techniques, card design or other tips and tricks with you. Today I will be looking at card sketches. Sometimes you get stuck in a rut with card designs or you have lost a bit of your MOJO. That's where card sketches come into their own. There are so many different blogs, pins, #'s etc out there that can give you ideas so if you don't like the design I share today or want more ideas then just google card sketches or head over to Pinterest for more inspiration. 

Today's sketch was chosen as it is simple, containing only 3 additional elements on the card front and can be used in portrait or landscape. I have created a portrait, traditional opening & a fancy fold to share with you today.



All of these cards used the same basic sketch - a strip of cardstock on the left, a banner & a circle.
From there I changed each layout slightly by using embossing - both with a folder & powder, using different dies for the circle & making a different Z fold. For more details on the materials used make sure you come back for my main blog on Sunday!
I think all of them look great & even though they start with the same card sketch idea, they all look very different. This is just a beginning of what you can do with a sketch. Why not search for a design that takes your fancy & try a few variations yourself? If you do, please post a pic on my facebook page so I can see your creativity.
I hope you enjoyed this blog & come back to see more next week. My theme for next weeks Mid Week blog will be about using different tools to help you create cards. Hope you can join me for that too.
Thanks for popping in. Take care & keep creating!  XX Alison





Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

3D creations - gift boxes