In Colours meets All squared away

 Hello & welcome to my blog!

Thanks for stopping by. I'm so glad you could visit my blog & I hope you find something to inspire you from my creations this week. The stamp set I am featuring is called All Squared Away & has 4 really cute square stamps with patterns as well as a selection of sentiments & greetings. The stamp set co-ordinates with the Floral Squares dies so I've incorporated them in my designs as well. Please note that this is a retired stamp set and the dies are also retired. I have used these retired items to demonstrate that old and new go together beautifully as I've used them with the new 2022 - 2024 In Colours. I hope you like them as much as I enjoyed creating them.


With 5 new In Colours just released from Stampin' Up® I decided to create a set of 5 cards so I could show you all the lovely colours. The set above has (from top left to bottom left) Parakeet Party, Orchid Oasis (centre), Starry Sky, Sweet Sorbet & Tahitian Tide. The colour of Starry Sky has photographed a little lighter than it's actual colour as it is a lovely deeper blue.

Parakeet Party
Starry Sky

Sweet Sorbet
Tahitian Tide

All of the 4 cards above feature the same design, image stamped on Basic White, trimmed & backed with one of the In Colours. This is added to a Basic White matte then mounted on a matching coloured base. Before the matte was mounted I wrapped some matching Metallic Woven ribbon towards the bottom of the card. The sentiment was stamped in the chosen colour then die cut using the retired Stitched Shapes dies & mounted over the ribbon. A few of the new Glossy Dots assortment were added for just a little bit of bling. The colours of the dots are similar to the new In Colours but just a little different and there are only 4 colours in the Dots instead of 5. I chose some that nearly matched and others that contrasted to make them all a little bit different to each other. The matching 2022-2024 Matte Decorative Dots were used in the next card.


The final card is a little bit more involved. You know how sometimes you have an idea but when you see it in person you think "hmm, not quite right'? That's what happened with this card. There was more creating involved than I'd originally planned in my head. I used some blending brushes & created 4 patches of colour using Parakeet Party, Starry Sky, Tahitian Tide & Sweet Sorbet. I arranged the 4 design stamps on a Stamp-a-ratus, inked it up with Memento black in & stamped over the blended areas. The result didn't quite grab me so I put them aside & used the Floral Squares dies to cut out the four images on Basic White. This gave me 4 lovely framed images but I still wasn't quite happy. When I turned it over I noticed that the images had the black stamped patterns on the reverse. I liked that so added some more colour with the blending brushes & ended up with a negative style image that looked much better on the Orchid Oasis matte. I adhered all 4 squares to the matte, added that to a Basic White card base just above centre & stamped a sentiment at the bottom using Orchid Oasis ink. To finish off I added one of each colour of the 2022-2023 In Colour matte decorative dots. It's definitely not what I pictured in my head when I started out but I really like how it turned out.

So that's it for my creations this week. If you would like to purchase any of the products I used in this card or other products, I've put some links below that will take you to my online shop. I also sell many of my cards on my FaceBook page at Crafted by Alison if you would like any of them.
If you would like me to send you a catalogue then please message me via my FaceBook page, Crafted by Alison or send me an email at craftedbyalison@gmail.com.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you can come back for this week's Mid Week blog on Wednesday as I'm showing you how to use Decorative masks on project. Next week's blog features a stamp set with a difference, Limited Edition. If you want to find out more then make sure you come back to see what it's all about! Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174