Spotlight on DSP (30/1)

  Hello & welcome to my blog,

If this is your first visit, I hope you enjoy it & come back again. If you are returning, welcome back & thank you! Today I will be showing you different ways to use our stunning DSPs. Some cards use DSP to add detail & some are the main feature of the card. 


This desk calendar was made using the new Sunshine & Rainbows DSP that is free during Sale-A-Bration. I used Magenta Madness as the colour to highlight which gives the calendar a lovely bright feel. The front of the card base is scored 1/2 way & a piece of Magenta Madness, matted with the DSP is added to the bottom half of the scored front. The mini calendar is mounted on Magenta Madness & Basic White. The sentiment under the calendar is from the retired Beautiful You stamp set while the sentiment inside the mounted circle & the dots & hearts details are from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set. This was made for a work friend for her birthday.

My Mid Week blog on Wednesday showed you how to use DSP strips as a background for a card. Here are the finished cards before the sentiments were added & after.


Now here are more details of each card.


This card front started off with a scrap of Beauty of the Earth DSP measuring 9 x7.5cm. I cut it into 3 equal strips then backed them with co-ordinating cardstock. The mattes are Soft Suede & Early Espresso & the sentiment is from the Friendly Hello stamp set & die cut using the Tasteful Labels dies. As this will go into my 'male' stash I didn't think it needed any other embellishments.


The second card uses more strips but they are partly raised on a matte embossed with the Hive embossing folder. The DSP is a different design from Beauty of the Earth & are staggered across the front. The senitment is from Special Moments & die cut using the Tasteful Labels dies. I liked the simplicity of the two tone colours & the beautiful pattern of the DSP so added no further embellishments.

My final card uses a technique called 'Scrappy Strip' which was very popular in 2021 thanks to a Youtube video by Bruno Bertucci in Australia.
The first two pics show you the process of creating a scrappy strip card which is simply cutting strips at a diagonal & placing them on the card then trimming the excess. I used Expressions in ink DSP, Pear Pizzazz & Pale Papaya cardstock.


And below is the finished card, mounted on some Pear Pizzazz cardstock. The sentiment is from Special Moments stamp set, die cut with Tasteful Labels & included some Pale Papaya in the backing as well. The ribbon is some Pale Papaya open weave with Old Olive shimmery ribbon behind it.

That's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed this blog & come back for more. My Mid Week blog will be looking at heat embossing & next week's Sunday blog will be showing you how to incorporate heat embossing into your creations. I hope you can come back for both of them!

If you would like me to send you a catalogue please send me a message on my FaceBook page at Crafted by Alison. 
If you would like to order any of the materials I used in today's cards I've popped some links down below for you that go directly to my Stampin' Up shop. Just a reminder that the Rainbow DSP, Friendly Hello & Special Moments stamp set are all Freebies in the Sale-A-Bration catalogue so can only be ordered when placing a $90+ order. 
If you would like to buy any of the cards I show in my blogs they are available in my shop on FaceBook as well or you can message me to check if they are still available.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison






Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Calendars & Christmas cards

New creations with He's All That

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Mid Week Blog Series #11 - Make your own gift bags.