Rainbows & Sunshine

  Hello & welcome to my blog,

If this is your first visit, I hope you enjoy it & come back again. If you are returning, welcome back & thank you! This week we are looking at the lovely new products available from Stampin' Up® that feature Rainbows, Sunshine & Raindrops. The papers are so bright & cheerful they certainly brighten your day.


This week I have created two cards for you that are bright & cheerful but quite simple to make. Later in this blog I will also share with you a desk calendar I made using the Sunshine & Rainbows DSP that co-ordinates with the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set & Brilliant Rainbows dies.


Let's start with the sunniest card! The DSP inside & on the card front is from the free Sunshine & Rainbows pack available during Sale-A-Bration. I chose Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay & Fresh Freesia for the arches of the rainbow, stamping onto some Basic White then mounting it on Bermuda Bay. The bottom of the Bermuda Bay was die cut using a cute border die from the Brilliant Rainbows dies & I chose to have it as a scalloped edge but the rainbow effect could also be achieved if it was rotated 180 degrees. Inside I stamped a sentiment from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set to finish it off. No bling, just a sentiment on the front & some cute little hearts.


The second card was created by die cutting a number of rainbows in different hues then creating a single rainbow from the pieces. 

 For this card I used Purple Posy, Fresh Freesia, Highland Heather & Gorgeous Grape cardstock & some free Simply Marbleous DSP. Creating using the different hues also means that I can use the other pieces to make more cards! Simply mix & match.
I added a matte of the Simply Marbleous DSP on the front then stamped a sentiment in Gorgeous Grape & some little lovehearts in Granny Apple Green to finish off the card. Again, no embellishments were used.

Now for the desk calendar that I mentioned. This was created for my mid week blog & were also mentioned in last week's blog which looked at highlighting the use of DSP as a focal point of a card. I made 2 for work friends in different colours.

The calendars fold flat for postage.

Fully open they are an easel fold.

That's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed this blog & come back for more. My Mid Week blog will be looking at creating your own DSP & next week's Sunday blog will be showing you the lovely Flowing Flowers stamp set. I hope you can come back for both of them!

If you would like me to send you a catalogue please send me a message on my FaceBook page at Crafted by Alison. 
If you would like to order any of the materials I used in today's cards I've popped some links down below for you that go directly to my Stampin' Up shop. Just a reminder that the Rainbow DSP is a Freebie in the Sale-A-Bration catalogue so can only be ordered when placing a $90+ order. 
If you would like to buy any of the cards I show in my blogs they are available in my shop on FaceBook as well or you can message me to check if they are still available.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison





Rainbow of Happiness stamp & die bundle














 










Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Supremely Awesome stamp set makes awesome & cute projects.