Driving By

 Hello and welcome to my blog.

If this is your first visit, I hope you enjoy it & come back again. If you are returning, welcome back & thank you! This week I have a stamp set for you that is FREE during the Sale-A-Bration period. This promotion was meant to finish at the end of February but due to issues over the last few months it was extended. It sadly now has to end. But I did manage to get the super cute car themed stamp set - Driving By & made two cards to share with you today.

The card with the balloons & ribbon was created for my Mid week blog where I explained how to create a card with a spine which I know as Book Binding. The card with the road was created just for fun. I'll walk you through the Book Binding card first.


I started with some Coastal Cabana cardstock cut to a regular card size then score 2.5cm in from the centre score line. I attached some Coastal Cabana sheer ribbon inside then glued down the flap to create the spine. The DSP is from the free Friendly Hello DSP. I stamped the convertible car in Pretty Peacock onto Basic White cardstock then hand coloured with Granny Apple Green, Pale Papaya, Fresh Freesia & Coastal Cabana Stampin' Blends. This was fussy cut & mounted on Dimensionals. The sentiment is also stamped in Pretty Peacock & is from the From All of Us stamp set. I die cut it using one of the flower shapes from the Painted Labels dies which was the perfect size for the sentiment. The matting behind it is Pretty Peacock & also die cut with Painted Labels.


For the second card I wanted a scene that would go with both the VW stamp & the sentiment. First I used some of the stunning Beauty of the Earth DSP to create a forest background. To this I added a 'road' which I made using some Black cardstock cut into a curvy shape using the Curvy dies & drew some lines with a white pencil. The VW was hand coloured with Soft Succulent, Granny Apple Green, Cinnamon Cider & Real Red Stampin' Blends then fussy cut. I punched out the sentiment with the Decorative Label punch & added some Forever Fern leaves from my stash then mounted on dimensionals. Pretty easy to make & I'm happy with the way it turned out.

There are still other stamps from the set that I didn't use this time but I thought I'd save them for another day. 
That's it for another week. I hope you've enjoyed my creations & can come back for my Mid Week blog where I am trying out a design that is made using the Tic Tac Toe method. I got the idea from TicTacToeChallenge.com & hope you like the idea too. Next Sunday's blog will be looking at one for the boys, Hats Off. I hope you can join me for that one too.

If you would like me to send you a catalogue please send me a message on my FaceBook page at Crafted by Alison. 
If you would like to order any of the materials I used in today's cards I've popped some links down below for you that go directly to my Stampin' Up shop.
If you would like to buy any of the cards I show in my blogs they are available in my shop on FaceBook as well or you can message me to check if they are still available.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison







Driving By stamp set only available free during Sale-A-Bration with $90 order

















Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Supremely Awesome stamp set makes awesome & cute projects.