Hats Off to the boys

 Hello and welcome to my blog.

If this is your first visit, I hope you enjoy it & come back again. If you are returning, welcome back & thank you! This week I have a stamp set that at first glance screams 'For the boys' but once you have a play around with it you see that it can be for the girls as well. It's the Hats Off stamp set and I also used the co-ordinating Hat Builder dies to complete the cards. I hope you enjoy looking at what I created....

I have to admit, I used this week's creations as an opportunity to get my personal stash ready for a whole heap of work birthdays! My boss is turning 50, a supervisor is turning 40 & a co-worker whose birthday is this week is quite obsessed with Disney so hopefully I've got those 3 covered.


The first of the cards uses the small cap die in a variety of DSP & cardstock. I chose earthy colours as this will be for a male but this design could easily be changed to pretty papers & cardstock for a female. I added some dimensionals to the sentiment and hats to add some interest.


For my 2nd card I wanted something that was pretty quick to make but has a punch. On Black cardstock I added a matte layer from the retired Berry Delightful DSP. The hat & ears are die cut from the Hat Builder dies, the sentiment is stamped in Poppy Parade & Memento Tuxedo Black from the Biggest Wishes stamp set & the stars are stamped in Daffodil Delight & are from Hats Off. The embellishments are a Real Red sheer ribbon bow & a Bumblebee star also made with the Hat Builder dies. Easy but effective.

Now for the final card. I started with a Pacific Point card base then I ran some Simply Marbleous DSP through the embossing machine with the Hive embossing folder. I stamped the large cap & the sentiment in Pacific Point on some Basic White cardstock & added the number 50 using the Family Party stamp set. A couple of gold foil stars finish the front off.

 
My boss is pretty good at taking a joke so I added a cheeky sentiment on the inside from the Approaching Perfection stamp set. 

So that's it for another week. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my creations & I hope you can come back next week. My Mid Week blog will feature colours selected in a Colour Challenge & my regular blog next Sunday will feature a new stamp set from the Annual Catalogue - Seas the day. 

If you would like me to send you a catalogue please send me a message on my FaceBook page at Crafted by Alison. 
If you would like to order any of the materials I used in today's cards I've popped some links down below for you that go directly to my Stampin' Up shop.
If you would like to buy any of the cards I show in my blogs they are available in my shop on FaceBook as well or you can message me to check if they are still available.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison


















Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Supremely Awesome stamp set makes awesome & cute projects.