Mid Week blog #22 - Book binding cards

 Hello and welcome to my mid week blog,

These mid week blogs are designed to be shorter than my Sunday blogs so that I can share techniques, card design or other tips and tricks with you. For something a little different I am sharing with you how to create a card using the 'Book Binding' technique. 

I first made a card using this technique at a card group a few weeks ago & it was such a quick & adaptable card that I wanted to share it with you. Here are the cards I made with my card group......


I decided to make mine slightly different by making them a conventional card size as the card group ones were slightly smaller.

Here are my creations.....

To create this style of card I cut a regular 21 X 14.8cm. I score at 10.5 then at 13cm. Fold & burnish both score lines.


The thin area at the edge of the card which is created by both score lines is glued down to create the 'book spine'. If you are using ribbon in your design like this example then glue it down before you glue the spine closed.


The following 2 cards are basically the same to begin with but the second card has been scored diagonally for a different finish.



As I mentioned earlier, this is such an easy style of card to make & can be adapted any number of ways. I haven't tried a portrait style yet but it is on my list of things to try.

I hope you enjoyed this little card. I you try it yourself I would love to see what you create so please feel free to post pics on my FaceBook page at CraftebyAlison.

Thanks for stopping by tonight. My regular blog on Sunday will be showing you another of the free stamp sets from Sale-A-Bration which ends very soon. It's a gorgeous set featuring cute cars, one of which I used on a card above. My mid week blog next week will be created using a challenge called Tic Tac Toe. I follow a number of different ladies (and gents) & the idea behind Tic Tac Toe is that a 9 square block has 9 different ideas that you choose 3 from. It's a great idea & one I've been looking forward to trying out. I hope you can come back to see both of them. 
Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Supremely Awesome stamp set makes awesome & cute projects.