Mid Week blog #23 - Tic Tac Toe creations

 Hello and welcome to my mid week blog,

These mid week blogs are designed to be shorter than my Sunday blogs so that I can share techniques, card design or other tips and tricks with you. 

This week I am showing you how to create using a selection process I came across called the Tic Tac Toe challenge. The idea is that the organisers (at tictactoechallenge.com) release a 9 square block each week that has 9 different ideas that you choose 3 from. It's a great idea to spark creativity & help you to think outside of your normal prompts. The 3 blocks that I chose were Bright colours, Metallic & Spring. 



The inspiration for this card was to use a new stamp set that will be featured on my Sunday blog & also serves as a birthday card for my boss who is turning 50 shortly. So the Bright colours part is the beautiful Pacific Point cardstock, the Metallic is the gold foil stars & the Spring is the baseball cap. I didn't feel that flowers would be appropriate for my male boss so instead I chose a Spring sport - Baseball. Full details on this card will be on my regular blog on Sunday.
I love the challenge of creating something from 3 random ideas & knowing that every single time you can come up with something completely different. 
Here's the original Tic Tac Toe board...

As you can see there are so many variations you could make using this type of inspiration. If you ever get stuck for an idea or just want to try something new then I highly recommend you google or check out Pinterest for ideas. 
If you decide to try out this type of challenge I would love to see what you create. Please post a pic on my Facebook page, craftedbyalison.

That's it for another Mid Week blog, thanks for visiting. I hope you enjoyed it and come back next week when I will be creating using a different type of challenge - a colour challenge. Don't forget to come back on Sunday also when I show you what else I made with the Hats Off stamp set & co-ordinating Hat Builder dies. Take care til next time & keep creating! XX Alison




Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Supremely Awesome stamp set makes awesome & cute projects.