Mid Week blog #25 W-V fancy fold

 Hello and welcome to my mid week blog,

These mid week blogs are designed to be shorter than my Sunday blogs so that I can share techniques, card design or other tips and tricks with you. This week's card looks impressive but is easier to make than it looks. I saw a recent post from Rachel Tessman from Stamp Your Art Out where she featured a gorgeous card made using the stunning Symbols of Fortune suite. I gave you a sneak peak in last weeks Sunday blog & today I have all the details of how I made this card so you can make one yourself. This is my take on Rachel's card.

Here are the measurements & precut pieces.

The long strip is adhered to the left panel. The two small strips are adhered to the first 2 inside panels. Adhere DSP to one of the square white cardstock pieces & then to the right panel of the 16x8cm piece.

I stamped  the images & sentiment onto the remaining 2 white squares using the Seas the day stamp set.

The sentiment is positioned in the centre of the last section of the card. Adhere the stamped image to the left side.

Position the 'V' fold (16x8cm piece) over the adhered sentiment. Do not glue yet.
 
Apply glue to the section of the card that will be attached to the last fold of the 'W'. 

Close the front of the card back onto the 'V' fold & wait for the glue to hold.

Close the 'V' fold over the left panel to find where to position the glue.

Apply adhesive & close card, holding it down firmly until the glue has taken.

The finished card!



This view shows why the card is called a W-V fold.


A close up of the stamping, sponging & sentiment.

I hope these pictures & words have helped you to see how easy it is to create a W-V fold card. Perhaps you'll try it yourself? If you do I'd love to see any pics on my FaceBook page at craftedbyalison.


Before I sign off I just wanted to let you know about an amazing day I spent on Sunday crafting along with Kylie & Bruno Bertucci, Lisa Cursio & Gina Hawley! The group organised an online stamp camp where they showed us how to create loads of different cards as well as a mini album! I had so much fun & learnt lots of new ideas, tips & techniques which I will share with you as we go through the rest of this year, but for now I wanted to share a little teaser showing some of the cards I created. I still have to finish a shaker card & the mini album but boy I am thrilled with how the cards turned out. Hope you enjoy them too!


That's all I have for you this week. In my regular blog on Sunday I will be showing you how to create gorgeous cards using one of Stampin' Up®'s card kits. Next week's Mid Week blog will be using a card sketch. I hope you can join me for both of those. Until next time, take care & keep creating. XX Alison.


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174