Mid Week Blog #27 Accordion card

 Hello & welcome to my Mid Week blog! 

Thanks so much for stopping by. My Mid Week blog is a little different to my Sunday blog as I look at tips, tricks & techniques as well as card sketches & CASEing cards from the Stampin' Up® catalogue or beautiful cards I've seen & just had to replicate. This week I am showing you how to make a really effective fancy fold that is very easy to make but has a certain WOW factor. It's called an accordion fold & can be used to use up excess cardstock (we all buy a little more than we should right?) & can also be adapted to be landscape, portrait, 3 peaks or 2 peaks. I learnt this technique when I attended an Online Stamping Retreat last month & have made a number of cards this way. I love it & hope you do to.


These 2 cards have the first fold glued down to give a little extra support to the folding area & matted image.



These 2 cards have all of the accordion folds open & allows you to add some extra areas of decoration or writing spots.

So, the basics of the accordion fold are
-  a base measuring 10.5 x 14.9cm
- a matte measuring 10.2 x 14.6cm
- DSP measuring 14.4 x 30cm, scored at 5cm, 12.5cm & 20cm.
The matte is adhered to the base, the DSP is folded valley, mountain, valley with the 20cm section being adhered to the base. I used 4 pieces of white for sentiments & images, matting some & attaching others directly to the DSP. The measurements can vary depending on the stamping & what shape you use. There are so many possibilities! The main thing to remember with regards to the DSP is make sure you check to see if there is a direction! If the pattern on the reverse side is direction or doesn't go with the rest of the card then change the DSP.

Now here's one that I've created in the landscape direction.



I'm still in love with the Pansy DSP & stamps even though the DSP & dies are not available any more. Such a pretty suite. 🥰 This version has a different finish as the card doesn't have enough stability to stand up when open so I added an easel backing. This allowed me to use one of the new stamp sets that will be out in the Annual Catalogue in May - Limited Edition.

I hope you enjoyed this blog & perhaps even try the fold out yourself? It really is pretty easy to make & so adaptable. If you do try it then why don't you pop a pic on my Facebook page at craftedbyalison?
That's it for another week. On Sunday I'll be back with my regular blog, showing off the gorgeous Plentiful Plants stamp set, matching Perfect Plants dies & Bloom Where You're Planted DSP. Next Wednesday I'll have a card for you that is cased from the current Annual Catalogue. It's the super cute Wildly Adorable stamp set which is, sadly, retiring at the end of this month! 😔
I hope you can come back to see both of these posts. Til next time, take care & keep creating! 
XX Alison








Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174