On the Horizon & New Horizons DSP

 Hello & welcome to my blog! 

Thank you so much for stopping by. If this is your first visit, welcome. If you're returning then thank you for continuing to follow my creating journey. This week I have some of the most scenic & easy to use DSP to show you. It's from the January to June '22 Mini catalogue & comes in 6"x6" size but there's 48 sheets! That's loads of creating there. 

  
For my first card I wanted to highlight the stunning DSP so stamping was minimal. There are some birds flying in the corner & a sentiment. That's it! the only other detail is some Night of Navy matting. How easy is that?


The second card was a fun fold I learnt in the Online Stamping Retreat last week. Again, the DSP is the main focal point with the birds & a sentiment but the ship (non Stampin' Up®) is fussy cut then attached to a cut out that pops up when you open the card. The base card uses Blackberry Bliss cardstock. The die used for the pop up is from the Tasteful Labels dies. Very easy to recreate, just make a small box that folds flat behind the diecut & it will automatically pop up when the card is opened. 


This beautiful card again highlights the DSP (there's loads of beautiful scenes to choose from!) but I've stamped some trees using a second stamping of Evening Evergreen in the distance & some grasses just behind the fence. I used Craft paper & the Horizon dies for the fence which is popped up on a few small pieces of dimensionals for a 3D effect. I finished with some of the new Pebbles enamel shapes as a little pathway between the fence opening. The grasses are also stamped inside the card in Soft Suede.


My final card is a blend of 2 stamp sets - On the Horizon & Flowing Flowers. In the On the Horizon stamp set there is a background stamp that looks a little like wood panelling. I used that stamp with Crumb Cake to create a background on some Craft paper. I stamped the 3 flower designs from the Flowing Flowers set in Crumb Cake & fussy cut them out. These were raised on glue dots & dimensionals for a 3D bouquet effect. I used white embossing powder for the sentiment from On the Horizon then added a Petal Pink bow & a few Elegant Faceted gems to finish it off. I don't use only 2 colours very often so was pleased with how pretty & delicate this card turned out. Stampin' Up® unfortunately doesn't carry craft paper right now but it's readily available in craft & paper stores or you could use some Soft Suede or Crumb Cake cardstock in it's place.

So that's it for this week. I hope you enjoyed seeing the beautiful new papers from New Horizons. The stamps, dies & papers are available now in the January to June '22 Mini catalogue. I've put some links below to my online shop with products that I've used today if you'd like to purchase any yourself. Please note that some of the colours used are retiring at the end of this month so if you love them then you'd better order quick before they run out. These include Misty Moonlight, Just Jade, Bumblebee, Magenta Madness & Cinnamon Cider.

My mid week blog on Wednesday will show you how easy it is to create the beautiful accordion fold cards that I've gone a bit crazy over in the last few weeks. My weekly blog next Sunday features the gorgeous Plentiful Plants. I hope you can find time to come back for both of those. 

If you would like me to send you a catalogue then please send me a message at craftedbyalison on FaceBook.
If you'd like to purchase any of the cards featured in my blogs or order something special then please head over to my FaceBook shop at craftedbyalison.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Til next time, take care & keep creating. XX Alison











New Horizon Suite collection Please check availability, this is very popular right now!









Pebbles enamel dots Please check availability, this is very popular right now!












Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174