Mid Week blog #33 - Card Sketch #4

 Hello & welcome to my Mid Week blog,

I am an independant Stampin' Up® demonstrator with a passion for creating. I have a regular weekly blog on a Sunday that explores different stamp sets, die sets or products sold by Stampin' Up® and my Mid Week blog explores tips, techniques, card sketches, colour challenges & lots of other ideas to help you make the most of your crafting time. There are ideas for 'just starting out' crafters, 'in-betweeners' and more avid crafters. 

This week is all about using card sketches to inspire new creations. I hope you like this simple card sketch & use it to create something for yourself. If you do, I would love it if you posted a pic on my Facebook page at craftedbyalison.

My inspiration for this week's card came from feltmagnet.com courtesy of Google. 😁
Here is my creation beside the card sketch.

 

Now I don't often use black as a card base but when I was looking through my DSPs I saw the daffodil paper from the Daffodil Afternoon pack that was free during Sale-A-Bration earlier this year & when I started playing around with the colours I thought that black would be perfect to make the yellows & greens really pop.

 

I chose Pear Pizzazz to matte the black daffodil DSP & flipped that paper for the main piece. Isn't it stunning? I used a strip of leftover inside to continue the theme.


To add a little bit of bling I simply wrapped some Daffodil Delight around the floral DSP & matte & tied a cute little bow then added some dimensionals to raise it up. The sentiment is from A Touch of Ink & stamped in Old Olive. I punched both the black matte & sentiment out using the Double Oval punch. To finish the card I added some black dots from the Classic Matte dots. So simple!
I really love this card sketch as it is simple to make easy & quick cards but if you wanted to you could stamp of either strip using plain cardstock then colour. Remember, if you decide to use this easy sketch I'd love to see what you come up with so pop over to my FaceBook page at craftedbyalison & post a pic for me.

That's it for another Mid Week blog. Thanks so much for popping in. On Sunday I will share with you some cards I made using the HoneyBee Home stamp set & co-ordinating HoneyBee Blooms dies in my regular blog. Next week's Mid Week blog shows you how to use punches in a different way. I'm calling it Peek-a-boo punching. I hope you can join me for both of them.
Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison 







Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

3D creations - gift boxes