Mid Week blog #41 - Card Sketch #5

 Hello & welcome to my Mid Week blog,

I am an independant Stampin' Up® demonstrator with a passion for creating. I have a regular weekly blog on a Sunday that explores different stamp sets, die sets or products sold by Stampin' Up® and my Mid Week blog explores tips, techniques, card sketches, colour challenges & lots of other ideas to help you make the most of your crafting time. There are ideas for 'just starting out' crafters, 'in-betweeners' and more avid crafters. 

I originally intended to show you how to create a card using scraps or strips of DSP but my plans changed as my daughter had an operation & my plans changed. Using the strips will be featured next week now. Instead, this week is all about using card sketches to inspire new creations. I hope you like this simple card sketch & use it to create something for yourself. If you do, I would love it if you posted a pic on my Facebook page at craftedbyalison.

I created 2 cards using the same sketch as a basis but they are both very different. The sketch is at the end of this post.


For the first card I wanted a simple celebration card for a work friends recent wedding.

On a Basic White card base I added a triangle of Evening Evergreen which had been stamped with some delicate leaves from the Forever Fern stamp set & embossed with bronze embossing powder. I also used the bronze embossing powder for the sentiment in the corner. To add a delicate layer, I diecut some leaves in Garden Green from the Artistic dies set. They were only adhered in some areas to give a 3D dimension to the card. Simple but elegant. 

For a slightly different finish I used DSP in a different position of the Basic White card base. This beautiful paper is from the stunning Sun Prints DSP pack. There are delicate ferns in pastel colours with a Blackberry Bliss background. I stamped a sentiment from the Limited Edition stamp set in Blackberry Bliss onto Basic White then diecut it using a stitched circle from Stylish Shapes dies & matted it on a Blackberry Bliss scalloped edge circle from the retired Layering Circles dies. Instead of a sentiment at the bottom (as per the sketch) I used a faux White Linen bow. Pretty but simple to put together.

Now here's the sketch that started off both of these cards. 


That's it for this week's Mid Week blog. I hope you enjoyed it & perhaps try out this sketch. I'd love to see any creations you make so please feel free to head over to my FaceBook page, craftedbyalison, & post a pic. My next blog is on Sunday & uses a free stamp set from the current Sale-A-Bration promotion, Hippest Hippos. It's a fun, cute little set suitable for kids or for a light hearted greeting card. Next week's Mid Week blog will use the Scrappy strips blog that was originally scheduled for this blog. I hope you can come back for both of them. 
Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you have time this week to do some creating of your own. Til next time, take care & keep creating. XX Alison




Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174