Mid Week blog #48 - Reverse easel funfold

 Hello & welcome to my Mid Week blog,

I am an independant Stampin' Up® demonstrator with a passion for creating. I have a regular weekly blog on a Sunday that explores different stamp sets, die sets or products sold by Stampin' Up® and my Mid Week blog explores tips, techniques, card sketches, colour challenges & lots of other ideas to help you make the most of your crafting time. There are ideas for 'just starting out' crafters, 'in-betweeners' and more avid crafters.  

First of all I have to apologise for the late post this week. My Mum has been taken back to hospital & I've been spending a lot of time visiting her & liaising with family & the doctors. Fingers crossed she is now on the mend & things can go back to 'normal'. 

This week I have a fun fold for you that's easy to make but looks amazing! I saw this fold on Pinterest, posted by Vickie Lou designs & knew that it was going to be a winner.

I just love the bright colours of this card! I used the gorgeous Butterfly Kisses DSP & the super cute Best Butterflies stamp set as the beginning of the card & chose the co-ordinating colours from the DSP - Parakeet Party, Calypso Coral, Fresh Freesia & Starry Sky.

 

This pic shows the cutting dimensions of the cardstock & DSP for the card itself as well as the scoring instructions which are easy peasy. There are four panels for the folder section, 2 at the front & 2 on the reverse. The front panels have DSP but the reverse has one DSP and one Basic White to allow for a personal message. If you use DSP with a directional pattern you have to make sure that you cut it in the right direction.

This next pic shows the 2 pieces that form the easel part of the card. I did however trim down the Parakeet Party pieces when I was assembling them to ensure they fitted nicely when the card was folded. 

The decorative areas on the Basic White cardstock were created to compliment the DSP.


The sentiment on the front was a partial print. The full sentiment reads 'Sending Good Vibes'. I only wanted 'Sending' so that I could use it with 'All the Love' as well.

 

I was going to use the matching Build A Butterfly dies to create some butterflies for decoration but the papers are so busy that the stamping was enough on its own.

That's it! I hope you have a try of this fun fold. If you do, please feel free to pop a pic of your creation on my FaceBook page, CraftedbyAlison.
My next blog is on Sunday & features slimline cards. The next Mid Week blog looks at using partial die-cutting as a feature. It's pretty cool so I hope you can come back for that.

That's all I have for you this week. Til next time, take care & keep creating! XX Alison










Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards

3D creations - gift boxes

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174