Sweet strawberries!

 Welcome back to another gorgeous Sunday!

I've got a mixed bag to show you this week. As promised I've had a little play around with the Sweet Strawberry stamp set & got the Oval Occasions set out as well. I also have some blue toned beautiful cards that I made for an order. 

First up is the Sweet strawberry card......


I think this one is so pretty using some Shaded Spruce cardstock for the base & picking out the Real Red colouring from the Berry Delightful DSP. I stamped the strawberry & punched it out then coloured in the  flower using some Stampin' blends which was fun as I'm not very confident with them but it turned out really good! I fussy cut them out & decorated the front piece with them. Sweet!

Next up was having a play with the Oval Occasions stamp set which looks like it's more suitable for Easter with the bunnies but actually is pretty versatile as the sentiments & tiny flowers can be used at any time & the bunnies are cute for new baby cards. 


But of course I didn't use any of the pics for these cards, just one of the sentiments & then punched it out with the co-ordinating Double Oval punch. I don't make many male themed cards & noticed a lack of them in my stash so decided to use one of my favourite DSP's, Forever Greenery, to make a card that could be used for guys or girls. I already had the olive cutout from a previous card so with some raffia & a couple of sequins it was a quick and easy addition plus it used up some leftovers! Win/Win. I'll be highlighting the pics from the Oval Occasions stamp set in a future blog.

The final cards I have for you are a couple I made for an order. The brief was pretty blues for a 20 something lady. Here's what I came up with.....



As you may already know, blue is my favourite colour so making blue cards is always enjoyable. I used Art Gallery, Blossoms in Bloom & Quite curvy stamps for the flowers & greeting. The details are all stitch based - Stitched Shapes, Stitched So Sweetly & Stitched With Whimsy dies. The Happy Birthday sentiment is die cut using the Well Written dies. Love, love, love how they turned out. I was also asked for a small gift bag so I quickly made a tag using a scrap of White cardstock & the Fancy tag topper punch & adding a flower & 3D sentiment which was then attached to the handle of a plain bag. Done! It's so nice to be able to co-ordinate & personalise gift giving.

Well that's all of the work that I've been doing on the crafting front this week. Next week I plan to share some cute Pampered Pets cards which feature another of my favourite DSP's. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Have a lovely week & hope to see you next week!

Cheers, Alison X


 


Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Peaceful Poppies gift set

Good Morning Magnolia!

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

Timeless Arrangements helps you create beautiful cards