Dragonflies in the garden

 Hi everyone,

Welcome to my blog! I hope you've had a wonderful week. After a crazy 3rd term, school is out for 2 weeks & I'm so looking forward to relaxing, unwinding, crafting & hopefully being able to get out and about a little more than we have the last few months!

This week I've been working on some wonderful creations using the Dragonfly Garden stamp set & co-ordinating Dragonflies Punch. This is a set that I've been wanting to use for ages & I just kept getting distracted with other sets & projects. Now here are the projects I have made this week......


I wanted to show you a variety of ways to use the stamps so I created 3 different types of cards.
The first card is simple white on white with a few pops of colour but the subtle feature of the card is the partial embossing made using the Pretty Flowers embossing folder.The cardstock is only run through the machine for a few turns rather than all the way through. Pretty neat! I stamped the bouquet in Soft Sea foam & stamped the smaller dragonflies on top of the bouquet in Fresh Freesia. The larger dragonfly consisted of two stamps & the body was stamped on a scrap in Fresh Freesia while the wings were stamped in Soft Sea Foam. This was then punched out with the Dragonfly Punch & adhered to the body, leaving the wings loose. I added some Wink of Stella to finish. I wrapped some Old Olive shimmery ribbon around the card & added a little bow. The sentiment was heat embossed in black on some Old Olive cardstock before being fussy cut & adhered with glue dots over the ribbon.


The next card I made was a cute fun fold combining a few different stamp sets to get the garden scene. The card base is Old Olive to which I added a strip of Basic White cardstock embossed with the Tasteful Textiles embossing folder. This was topped with the garden scene which was created using the Dragonfly Garden stamps for the mini dragonflies but the wings stamp that I used in the previous card was used to create pampas grass instead. To create the leaves I used the Wild Cats stamp set in Mossy Meadow. The stems are made using Sahara Sand ink & the washing line from All for Baby. The pampas grass blooms were stamped in Pale Papaya. I mounted this on some Calypso Coral cardstock & adhered it to the embossed front, allowing it to hang over onto the base of the card. Pretty chuffed with how it turned out. 😊 

 

For the final card I used one of my favourite colours - Bermuda Bay. As I have some Oh So Ombre DSP left from the Jan - Feb Sale-A-Bration catalogue I decided to stamp directly onto that with the bouquet & dragonfly stamps as the colours matched perfectly. I stamped a large dragonfly onto Bermuda Bay then punched it out. I also stamped onto some Soft Succulent In Colour shimmer vellum before punching it out also. I glued the two together only in the centre so the wings could be raised slightly. The larger one was raised on dimensionals & the small one adhered straight onto the card front. Before attaching the front to the card base I wrapped some natural twine around the card & tied a bow then stamped the sentiment from Peaceful Moments on white card & punched it out using the Tailored Tag punch. This was mounted over the twine. A few Holiday Rhinestone jewels scattered around & the card is complete. 



I'm so glad I got to play with this stamp set this week. I've always loved working with dragonflies & butterflies as they help me to relax. Next week's blog will be featuring the stunning Poinsettia Petals stamp set. Christmas is just 14 weeks away! I like to be organised so I'll be adding all of  the creations to my stache & shop. Don't forget that the Sale-A-Bration catalogue finishes at the end of September so if you want some lovely free products, get your order in quickly.

If you would like a free catalogue sent to you then please click on the link below. 
If you would like to order any of the products that I used this week I have added links to my online shop below for most of them.
If you would like to see what is available in my Facebook shop then please pop over to Crafted by Alison to see what's available.
If you're interested in the Sale-A-Bration Mega Bundle with 39 projects then please contact me so I can organise the details for you.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my creations this week & can find time to come back next week. Take care, XX Alison










Basic White cardstock
















Comments

Popular posts

Mid week blog #99 - Square tri-fold fun fold

Creating some sparkle with the Birthday Sparkle kit

Tic Tac Toe challenge #174

New creations with He's All That

Calendars & Christmas cards